9: Dance With Me

Later that day, the halls of Auradon Prep were quite silent; during the weekends, people didn't really stick around. Jane had just left her meeting with Audrey and Lonnie, after choosing a better place for it. She was walking in curves, being distracted by the notes she had taken. Suddenly, she heard some music. Intrigued, she walked closer to it, deducing that it came from the dance room. Carefully, she approached the door and opened it, revealing Carlos breakdancing. Jane's eyes widen; she knew he could dance but she wouldn't have guessed that he was such a good dancer! The moves he was doing were so complicated that she almost felt jealous that she wasn't so gracious; she had always admired his talent for dancing and wished she could do just as well. He seemed so concentrated that he didn't notice her. That was a good thing; watching him dance was quite amusing. She could even hear him humming and slightly singing to the song, which made her smile slightly. As he began to do a complicated move where he stood on his hands, he finally saw Jane. Surprised, he fell on his back and groaned in pain. Jane covered her face with her hands.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! Are you okay?" She asked worriedly. Carlos clumsily stood up and smiled slightly.

"It's okay, it didn't hurt that much! I was just messing around" he answered, dusting himself off.

"Just messing around? Are you kidding me? This was truly amazing!" Jane exclaimed excitedly, her eyes lighting up.

"Were you spying on me?" Carlos asked teasingly. Jane's eyes widen as she opened and closed her mouth. Her cheeks started heating up. Carlos immediately noticed and started laughing.

"Don't worry, I'm just messing with you! But thank you anyways!"

Jane let out a sigh of relief.

"But seriously, now I know why you wanted to be in that contest! You have great chances of winning" She said.

"Wait, are you one of the judges?" Carlos asked curiously. Jane shook her head.

"Me? No way. Audrey says I'm too nice, which is true. I would probably just give everyone a prize" she laughed. "Besides, I'm not a dancer. I barely know how to dance myself, so I can't judge dancers." Carlos frowned.

"Not a dancer? What are you talking about? I danced with you at the coronation and you were good!" He protested. Jane giggled.

"That's because I had practiced a long time before the coronation! Plus, I could follow the others' lead. But if I do this dance competition, I might forget a step and miss, and end up being last!"

Carlos scrunched his freckled nose.

"Woah woah woah! Why all that negativity? That wouldn't happened, I know that! I'm sure you could dance fine with a bit of practice!" He assured. Jane shook her head.

"It's hopeless" she said.

"No it is not, and I'm going to prove it" he said, determined.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Jane asked with a frown. Carlos gave her a little smile.

"You, my friend, will be my partner for the dance competition. I will prove to you that you aren't as bad as you think you are!" He exclaimed. Jane seemed panicked.

"That's a bad idea. I'll make you loose!" Jane protested.

"Who do you think I am, Jay? I don't care if I win or loose! Besides, I'm sure we can win!"

"But-"

"Don't try to get out of it because I am not changing my mind. I will prove you wrong!" The white haired seemed so determined that Jane didn't protest. She sighed in defeat.

"Fine. You shall be my teacher" she said as Carlos smiled victoriously. Jane smiled; she would never admit it to him but she actually was really looking forwards to learn how to dance, especially if Carlos was her teacher.

"What should I do first?" Jane asked, trying to hide her sudden excitement. Carlos chuckled.

"Oh, we are not starting the lesson today!" Jane's smile turned into a frown.

"Why not? I'm totally ready!" Jane exclaimed.

"I thought you didn't want to be my partner!" Carlos smirked. Jane opened and closed her mouth once again.

"It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I don't want to make you loose!" Jane defended herself.

"Don't worry, you won't! But let's leave the lesson for another day. Evie and Mal wanted me to meet up with them. Plus, I don't think you're dressed the part. Wouldn't want to rip that dress of yours" he laughed playfully. Jane looked at him with a little smile; Carlos seemed to be in a very good mood these days; he was like a ray of sunshine and his happiness seemed to spread. Taking lessons from him would be a lot of fun, she knew it.

"Okay! See you later~!" She said cheerfully. She gave him a little wave and was about to turn her heels to leave when she felt herself being pulled back; Carlos' hand was on her wrist. He then took his other hand and took her hand to twirl her around before striking a pose alone, his laughter echoing in the room. During the process, Jane kept out little screams of surprise.

"You better get used to it because I might do that a lot" he laughed. Jane let out a giggle; she took her stuff and left, not knowing what she had gotten herself into.

Heyyyyy~! Guess who's back with an update~?

I have so many things to say...

Firstly, I wanna thank you all for the 5.6K! I'm very grateful that we reached 200+ votes! What warms my heart is that I get votes, reads, comments and people who add my book to their reading list. I feel so lucky! And the reads are coming in quick because barely a week ago, I had 2,6K! I love all you guys so much because I've always wanted people to appreciate my book so much!

I know that the chapters seem all over the place and useless, but trust me, the more the story goes, the more you will understand the utility of those chapters. Also, the dance competition seems like another random thing happening but trust me, it is one of the most important thing in the book so keep watch! ;)

Little message, school starts in a month (already) so I won't update until then because I want to enjoy my last vacation days and I don't have time to write much (I had to make time to write this because I love you guys so much~).

One last thing: I have two questions for you.

First, how did you find my book?

And second, how do you rate it?

PS: I'm certain that most of you are part of my 911 followers and I wanted to thank you. Not long ago, I had 880 and now I have 900+

This makes me day so much! <33

Thank you all for reading and until the next chapter!