1: Laughters

"Just... one...more...!" Carlos said, piling the last graham cracker on top of the tower.

It was breakfast time at Auradon Prep. While most people preferred to eat their food, Carlos and Jay had the brilliant idea to pile up the food before eating it. As soon as Carlos let go of the graham cracker, he and Jay started screaming in victory; the tower didn't fall.

"You guys are such idiots" Mal said, rolling her eyes.

"I prefer the term «artistic but immature»" Carlos joked, making Jay laugh and agree.

Evie started laughing as well.

"You find that funny?" Mal asked, looking irritated.

"Oh come on Mal! Doesn't mean that you're feeling gloomy that everyone has to!" Evie replied.

"Gee thanks" Mal replied coldly.

Mal had every reasons to be sad. Her boyfriend King Benjamin was always busy these days. Today, for example, he had to cancel their date because he had important kingly duties to do.

"Do not give me that cold glare of yours, you know I'm right" Evie said.

Mal looked down.

"I know you're upset and it's okay! We will try to light up the mood! Just don't make us gloomy too okay?" Evie added compassionately. Mal smiled warmly.

"You don't have to worry, Ben is fine!" Carlos said, still goofing around with Jay.

"You can't understand" Mal replied. Carlos's smile faded. It wasn't false; he had never been in a relationship nor had a serious crush. Actually Mal was the only VK who had been in one until now.

"You have a point" Carlos said. "And I'm happy I don't"

"Awww little Carlos wants to stay single?" Jay teased, starting to mess with his hair.

"Obviously! I don't want to get caught up in the drama and in the lovey dovey and in the weird feelings...!" He added. Mal laughed.

"You're so innocent, it's almost cute"

"Pfft, I'm just aware of stuff" he said, taking another graham cracker to put on top of the one Jay just put.

The girls just laughed. Just then, Doug walked up to them. He was playing nervously with his fingers as he went closer to them. He adjusted his glasses and decided to speak up.

"Hello!"

The four of them turned to him. Jay's elbow knocked off the tower. Carlos started screaming in defeat and started hitting his arm.

"Boys!" Mal grounded.

"Don't worry, I was there to talk to them, anyways." he said, still fiddling with his fingers. Evie smiled at how adorable he looked when he was nervous. She then remembered why he came to them.

"Oh my god, I almost forgot about our study session! I'm so sorry Doug!" She exclaimed, standing up rapidly.

"Oh no, i-it's okay Evie" he said.

"It's NOT okay!" She shouted out. "I left you hanging AND don't have the perfect outfit!"

"Y-you look g-good w-with what y-you're wearing" Doug stammered, a blush growing in his face.

"Oh" Evie blushed. "W-well if you really think so then I guess I can go with what I'm wearing"

"Great" Doug shyly smiled.

"See you later, guys! Evie exclaimed, walking away with Doug.

"Awww don't they just look so cute together?" Mal cooed when they were gone.

"Since when do you fantasize over people like that?" Jay asked with a laughter.

Mal smiled. "People change!"

Carlos was the only one not included in the conversation. He seemed to concentrate on rebuilding the tower.

"Carlos, it's no use, we have to eat that food" Jay said, taking one of the graham crackers and eating it.

"You're just saying that because you knocked it off so technically, I won" the white haired guy smiled mischievously as Jay's face turned into a frown.

"That's so not true!" Jay exclaimed.

"Oh really?" Carlos' smile grew wider.

"SHUT UP YOU LIAR" He screamed, knocking his friend to the floor. Carlos was almost crying of laughter while Jay was trying to squash him. Suddenly, a pink pair of high heels and a pair of fancy baby blue flats appeared right upon their noses.

"Ahem! You're in the way!" A familiar voice spoke up, her irritation heard in the tone of her voice.

"We are kinda busy here. Come back later" Jay said, totally not looking at the two girls and still trying to squash the clown beneath him. A huge exasperated sigh was heard.

"I said get out of the way! NOW!"

The two guys stopped tackling and turned to the girls. Audrey was standing right next to them, her arms crossed and her face almost red while Jane was innocently standing next to her, almost seeming embarrassed by her friend's attitude.

"Can't you just go somewhere else?" Carlos asked, whipping the tears off his eyes.

"Yes but this is the most direct way and I do NOT want to get stuck in cafeteria traffic so MOVE!" Audrey almost screamed, making a big move with her arm.

"Woah princess, we are not your servants, doesn't mean you tell us something that we will do it" Jay smiled because he knew how Audrey hated when people talked to her like that. Audrey was literally boiling on her space.

"Let's not pick a fight Audrey, we can just go around them" Jane spoke up, trying to calm her down.

"No Jane. I WILL pass, either Jafar Jr wants it or not."

"Jafar Jr eh? No one has ever called me that before. I like it" Jay laughed, followed by Carlos. Audrey stomped her foot angrily and finally gave up; she went around the boys and walked away.

"I hate you so much Jay! This isn't over!" She said in the distance.

The two boys continued laughing, amused by Audrey's attitude.

"I'm so sorry for Audrey's attitude! She seems to be on the nerves these days" Jane apologized.

"You don't need to apologize, Jay was clearly doing on purpose on making her even more angry" Carlos said, high-fiving Jay who was still laughing.

"Hey, who doesn't want to have fun with the girl? Her reactions are hilarious!" he defended himself.

"I never thought I'd say this but... it was pretty funny" Jane smiled.

"See dude, you're on a roll!" Carlos exclaimed.

"I always am, Carlos. I always am" he replied.

Jane laughed. "I better get going, I think Audrey's gonna need a lot of moral support! Bye!

"Catch ya later!" Carlos said as she walked away.

"I can't believe you've been on the floor this whole time! Told you I'd win" Jay grinned in victory.

"You may have won the battle of the floors but I *cough* totally won the battle of the towers!" Carlos fake coughed.

"Why you!"

And Jay continued to tackle him.

"Boys, I swear" Mal, who had seen the whole scene, rolled her eyes. 

Finished one chapter in less than a week! I'm on a roll! Gosh this book will have so many chapters so quick!! 

I just hope people will read it...

Tell me what you think~