Did he care for me?

"Of course kitten" no need to look at him knowing and hearing that he is smirking. I cannot remember if I ever saw him smiling like a normal person. I had forgotten about the mindlink and quickly blocked him out. Turing my eyes at him, seeing he glared at me for blocking him out. This time it was my turn to smirk.

"I am fine Xer, there is no need to stuff me like a teddy bear" I sarcastic answer rolling my eyes at his behaviour, even though he is kind of adorable. "What did you say?" he quickly responded, dropping everything in his hands and standing by my side in a flash. "That you do not need to stuff-"

"No! not that, before!" he quickly interrupted me. "Xer?" I asked questioningly, insecure about the demands. However, I had a hunch it is correct. His eyes changed into black with one yellow dot in the middle. His eyes followed every move I made as if I were his prey and he the predator. I had a déjà vu at this exact moment.

I wanted to run desperately, but I knew better this time. His right hand caressed my cheek, sweeping back and forward with his huge thumb. His hands are three times bigger than mine, feeling small compared to him.

Before anything else could happen, the bedroom door is brutally opened by his beta, Elijah. Xerxes growled at his intruder. "What?!" he bitterly spits out his words.

The tension was real and Elijah quick noticed it. Showed his neck as submissive before starting talking. "Alpha, Luna" he bowed to us before continuing. "You have a visitor Alpha"

A visitor? Now? the time is probably 2 or 3 am in the mooring slash midnight. Elijah walks out not before saying "Alpha, Luna". Xerxes passed a few times running his hands through hair, messing it around. No matter how much he messes it up, it always ended up looking sexy.

"I have to go down, but I will be back soon!" he stopped pasting and kissed my forehead. "sleep kitten" whispered into my ear. His voice is like a drug, I cannot get enough. I managed to nod and laid down closing my eyes.

Half away to sleep I heard yelling from downstairs. At first, I ignored it, wanting to go back to sleep however the yelling became louder. Not wanting to leave the bed, I peeked into Xerxes mind seeking answers. All I saw is red. He is very angry at the person. I became more curious and since there is no going back to sleep, I stood up. Dragging a black fluffy blanket with me, around my body covering my innocent parts. Whoever undressed me has a death wish.

I followed the stares down to the living room only to stop in shock. The person in the living room is the last one I expected to see here. I am on my way to run over and hug her when I saw something that made me and Amy furious.

She kissed Xerxes.

I tighten my hands into a fist ready to fight but Xerxes pushed her away and growled at her angrily. She only looked at him confused about his action. They have a past and I need to know. "What is going on here?" I asked stepping into the living room. I am calm, too calm and I think everyone notices. They all had the same expression, scared.

"Luretica?" Britney was shocked and almost stuttered out. Why is she shocked?

"Yes?" I asked shyly and faked innocent. I stood in the middle of the living room not moving anywhere. Xerxes is the only one who did not be shocked but somehow glad? He walked away from Britney and over to me kissing my forehead, wrapping me in his arms. He stood behind me holding me close.

I kept the smirk inside as Britney's face went from shock to anger. I knew from the moment I met her she was trouble, and now I know why. "Thanatos? What are you doing with that bitch?" Did she just call me bitch? I growled inside my head along with Amy. I wanted to tear her head off.

Xerxes growled loudly shaking the household. Everybody showed their neck in submissive, except me. I only shiver secretly loving his possessive way. "Do not speak to her like that!" He threaded her, annoyed by her existence. I bite my lips from laughing my ass off.

"But, but Thanatos!! Look at her, she is a slut! She did not even bow to you!" she yelled angrily at him for taking my side. Did she call me a slut in front of the whole pack and my mate?

Before I could even get angry Xerxes had her on the wall, holding her neck and choking her. Everyone is silent not daring to go against their Alpha. Their hope lay on me. I froze not knowing If I should stop him or not.

Slowly I walked over to him. "She is not a slut! How dare you call your Luna Queen that?!" he yelled angrily at her. She whimpers feeling weak and bad from betraying her Alpha. "I- did not know" she stutters as he tightens his grip on her neck.

"Of course, you knew! She has my mark!" still yelling. Her face starts to turn blue from the loss of air. I did not want her to die because of me. "Xer" I whispered behind them, touching his shoulder softly. I had to be calm to calm him down. He turned his head to look at me. I give him a squeeze on his shoulder and a soft smile, hoping he would release her. "Xer, let her go. Please?"

Everyone holds their breath waiting for their Alpha to react. His eyes soften before seeing around the room, looking at the different expressions in the room. His grip loosens a bit.

Her neck is covered in blue and red bruises as she gasped for air. Her hands went wildly against his hold trying to escape somehow, even when we all know and see that there was no way out.

He looked at me again before snapping her neck and taking her life.