Ch 9 - Family Members of The Burly Variety

Chapter 9 - Family Members of The Burly Variety

I was panicking.

Tuesday. 10:45.

I had fifteen minutes till he picked me up, which essentially meant fifteen more minutes of pacing and chewing my lip nervously.

After realising the text could've only come from Rhys, I did two things. The first, was save his name as 'slut', the second, was killing Keeley. Okay, clearly I didn't literally kill Keeley.

After the last text I jumped up from my spot on the floor and stormed over to her room, pounding on it with a closed fist.

"Keeley, did you give your cousin my number?" I yelled through the door.

The sound of muffled giggling and hushed voices could be heard on the other side of the door. I rolled my eyes and banged on the door again.

"Okay, Vi. I'm coming, sheesh." Keeley's muted voice said angrily.

The door swung open, displaying a barely covered and somewhat sweaty Keeley. She pulled the short silk gown over her bare shoulder and beamed at me.

"What's up?" She asked breathlessly.

"Did you give Rhys my number?" I asked indignantly.

"Uh yeah, I told you that he'd need to take you to see Quinn. Why? Did you not want him to have it or something?" She questioned, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow.

I opened my mouth ready to shout 'Of course I don't want him to have it!', when I remembered she had no idea about our almost kiss and that I should probably stay away from him.

Snapping my jaw shut I pressed my lips together in annoyance, "What, no. I just thought you could have told me." I lied.

"Oh okay, my bad. Anyways I better go, we were kind of busy." she grinned devilishly, pointing towards her bedroom.

"Okay." I bit out trying to smile.

And now here I was, waiting for the very person who I probably shouldn't see ever again, let alone be in a car with, to pick me up.

Looking down at my phone I noticed it was now 10:55, five minutes left.

What made things worse was that we hadn't spoke about it, I mean it wasn't awkward or anything but surely people talk about these kind of things, right? I wouldn't know, I've never been in this situation before.

I think we had developed a kind of unspoken agreement that we just wouldn't talk about it at all, on that first morning after the silent conversation we'd had. Then again he could have just forgotten about it, I bet almost kisses happened to him all the time. In fact they probably happened so often that he obviously couldn't remember them all, he did seem like a naturally touchy feely type of person anyways.

I'd come to a decision to just bury it, bury it and start over. If he wasn't going to talk about it then neither was I, no biggie.

A horn outside blared, I rolled my eyes, of course he couldn't just come to the door like a normal person.

Wiping the saliva off my bitten nails onto my ripped, denim shorts, I grabbed my bag up and quickly threw on my dark chucks. Rushing towards the door, I scanned my outfit quickly in the passage mirror, the maroon top that I wore made my pale skin, paler but made my perfectly curled hair stand out better. Let's see how long that lasted, with the heat I'm betting a half hour at least.

Another booming horn sounded outside, rolling my eyes I muttered, "alright, alright, jeez."

I threw the door open and hopped down the stairs, I didn't bother locking the door seeing as though Keeley and Harley were both in. Yuck.