Chapter Eighteen

F.E.A.R.

    "Where are we going?" I asked as Matthew dragged me by the hand through the forest.

"You'll see."

"You keep saying that!" He just kept ignoring my question, and kept dragging with a grin on his face.

    "We're almost there." He finally said.

    I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Whatever it was he was trying to show me must have been pretty exciting I thought.

    Finally we stopped. "We're here!" He said proudly.

    Excited to see something awesome, I looked around. I must have spun around ten times trying to find something before I finally came to the conclusion that there was nothing there. To my right we're some trees, to my left we're some trees, and the same thing behind and in front of me.

    I gave Matthew a questioning look; mostly questioning his sanity. Then I remembered that I've been dreaming about and seeing a dead guy, so I had no room to question anyone's sanity but my own. Nevertheless, I was still rather confused. "There's nothing here, Matt."

    He just kept grinning. "Sure about that?"

    "Matt-" I crossed my arms. "Did you happen to touch or- I don't know- eat any strange looking plants?"

    "Only one." He said laughing. I rolled my eyes and as I went grab his hand to lead him back to camp, he grabbed mine. "Look up, Liv."

    I looked up despite my slight annoyance, and as soon as I did, I knew I had been wrong.

    Right above us, tangled up in the vines of the trees, was a broken space shuttle. "Wow." Was all I could say. I didn't know how old it was or where it was from, which made me all the more curious, which made it all the more amazing.

It was big, but not massive by any means. It was a dull grey, and had faded blue strips down the side. Something was written on the side, but I couldn't make out what it said from so far down.

"I know right." Matthew said and pointed his finger towards a tree. "I found a way up by climbing that tree. I haven't gone inside yet, though."

I broke my gaze with the ship to look at him in shock. "'Yet?'"

    He nodded and smirked at me. "Are you coming with me?"

    I shook my head. "Are you kidding me? No."

He shrugged and started making his way over to the tree. "Your loss."

I stood in shock for a second. I couldn't believe that he was actually going to climb into that death trap. Something compelled me to join him, but logic and fear- mostly fear- kept me from following.

"Why would you want to go up there?"

"I want to see inside." He replied and grabbed the first branch of the tree. "Besides, aren't you at least a little curious about where it came from and who's it is?"

I knew I was, but there was no way, I thought, that I could make myself get in that thing. I opened my mouth to say that he was crazy, but I stopped. Maybe it was crazy, but despite being scared, I wanted to go with him.

    He stopped and grinned at me. "Come on, you know you want to."

    I decided to deny, even though I did want to. "You're such a typical guy, you know!"

    He smirked and climbed a little higher. "You're a gross girl."

    I chucked.

    "Come on, Liv. You know you want to."