Chapter Six

Kirihito laughed darkly as the portal to the Netherworld has finally opened. Finally, after months and months of trying, he made the portal work. He had to use a sacred mirror and some herbs to get the portal to open.

His two shikigami clapped and cheered for Kirihito as they all stood around the portal in his room. He's ready to go in to get his old body back until...

"What about Sasara?" Kikuichi asked.

"What about her?" Kirihito snorted. He could easily get his body and come back for her.

"If you go back to your demon form then you would live for all eternity while Sasara grows old and dies," Kikuichi explained.

Kirihito frowned and hesitated to go through the portal until green smoke started to come in the room from the Netherworld.

"COVER YOUR MOUTH! IT'S POISON!" Kirihito shouted.

The green smoke went around Monjiro and before anyone could do anything, Monjiro vanished.

"MONJIRO!" Kikuichi cried out.

"Shit, what am I going to do? If I break the portal, I won't be able to get my old body back..." Kirihito pondered.

He started to think about Mrs. And Mr. Mori... If the poison spreads throughout the home then they will die.

'Kirihito? Are you in there?" Sasara called out to him from outside his bedroom door.

"GO AWAY!" Kirihito freaked.

Sasara didn't listen and she went to go in the room but Kirihito didn't hesitate to break the mirror and in a blink of an eye, the green smoke has disappeared.

"Kirihito?" Sasara blinked in confusion.

"Sorry, I was doing something and I was afraid you would get hurt," Kirihito sighed.

"What are you talking about?" Sasara tilted her head to the side.

"It's nothing..." Kirihito hung his head. He was so close to getting his old body back but he broke the portal to protect the parents and Sasara. Has becoming a human really changed Akura-ou?

Kirihito's eyes widened when he felt Sasara's arms wrapped around him. He embraced her back and inhaled her scent. Maybe her soul was the one who changed him after all... He did start growing soft once he got to know her in their past life together.

"Hey, do you want to go to the park today?" Kirihito asked.

"Sure!"

Kirihito grabbed her hand in his and they left the room. He couldn't stop thinking about the portal to the Netherworld yet he didn't regret destroying it. He wouldn't know what to do if Sasara inhaled that poison. He rather her be healthy and alive than for him to go in the Netherworld.