Insomnia

Well I don't really know what this is

please excuse my grammar this still needs editing.

•••

'Honestly I have been begging for answers...'

'...i want you to staaayyyy...'

'...look into my eyes it's where my demons hide.'

Lyrics fluttered through Isla's head as the neighbourhood around her flew by. Her feet were pounding on the floor as she ran full speed down the narrow pathway.

She rounded the corner and knocked over a man. She hesitated, her pace slackened to stop and help, but then she remembered and she ran again. A volley of curses were hurled in her direction.

"135..139...147.....166!" she paused to stare at the huge house before her. There was no time for her to admire the stunning architecture before she took out her key and barged inside.

"Lucia?" her nervous tone echoed through the unlit hallways. It vibrated through the house. There was no answer to the anxious call. A quick glance round downstairs and Isla hopped upstairs taking 3 at a time.

She paused for longer now. Peering carefully through these pitch black rooms.

The darkness made it easier to see the slow tranquil flickering of a candle.

Isla crept down the corridor and found herself outside one of the less used rooms of the house. Her hand on the doorknob she was suddenly afraid of what she would find on the other side. Her heart was beating hard in her chest. Jumping out, trying to get out of her and into the room. her mind was scared but she followed he heart which drove her forwards. she pulled open the door and stared inside.

The curtains were closed but the blind was up allowing a weak stream of light into the room. It was however enough to see the faint outline of the room. One figure lay hunched in the corner. In the poor light a path of darkness lead to the figure.

Isla rushed forward.

"Lucia, y'all right" a stupid question, but as she rested her fingers on her cheek she stirred.

"Bonjour," the weak defeated tone that came from this inspiring figure was heart breaking.

"I'm sorry... I did it again." She held up a knife and looked away.

"I just..." Isla lay her fingers on her lips and took the knife away.

"Come on. let's take you downstairs." Without another she hooked her arms around Lucia and lead her downstairs.

Lucia was hesitant at first

"But, this is your favourite jumper. I don't want to ruin it." She held up her dark stained arms. Isla grabbed her and held her as they went down. She couldn't help but smile. Even in this state she still knew her favourite jumper.

Isla set Lucia down at the table and set about turning the lights on. Each flick of a switch revealed more and more of this deranged figure. The table was now dark with blood and her clothes were coloured crimson.

"God dammit." she muttered under her breath. She brought back the bandages and clothes and began to trace the cuts and cover them. Her long slender fingers brushed lightly against Lucia's skin as she worked. The methodical way she did it showed she'd done this time and time again. When she finished tying the final knot her hand lingered on the other girls wrist. She slowly brought it up and gave a light kiss to her wrist.

They watched each other in silence. Isla's ice blue eyes watching Lucia's mellow shattered brown. They sat like that for a while until Lucia stood.

"I'm tired." She wouldn't make eye contact.

"Thank you.."

She turned and stumbled up the stairs.

"Goodnight" Isla whispered softly to herself.

•••

Hope u enjoyed

:)