XII.

2 years later

' You can dance, you can jive' you sing. You're 17 again and in the backseat of your sister's car. You're feeling the happiest you ever have been.  You were released out of the mental hospital a year ago and now you're back home with your family.

It's summer break and school doesn't start for another month. You're at the beach with some of your family.

Now you're lying down on the beach floor, the fresh air and the warm sun mix perfectly leaving little trails of warmth and freshness over you. Your dewy hair mixes with the sand and you're at peace listening to the life going on around you.

Now you're in the hotel room. The couple members of your family you're with look at you.

"We're so glad you're here. We wanted you to enjoy yourself before you have to be a grown up. We just wanna know, is there something you regret?" you're oldest sister asks. You look down and sigh.

"Yeah. One thing," you say.

"And what's that?" she asks.

"I regret not seeing things out when I was in that dark place. I thought of only the pain I felt at that time but didnt think of what was to come."

"People always feel that way. It's natural, for some it weighs down heavier. You're here now, right?"

You nod.

"Then what's holding you back from growing up?"

"I don't know."

"You do know. It's engrained in you."

You think. Then it hits you.

"I guess it's the comfort of being young. I want so badly to be a kid again and that's all this summer was, a childish exploration of my surroundings. I felt like a kid again, but in a good way and I took comfort in that. So yeah, it's the comfort."

"No matter what steps you take what you end up doing, it'll always be scary, but you'll always find comfort. It'll take time, but I promise it'll happen. So, it's okay to grow up, you'll always be a child inside. You'll always find that side of you." She says.

++

"How does May 10th sound?" you ask Mark. He looks at you confused.

"Well, we already passed it. It's July and what for?" he asks.

"The wedding, I'm ready for this," you say. He looks at you and smiles.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'm ready for this. I've had my share of time and I'm ready to settle down. I feel ready," you say. He smiles. You both immediately begin planning.

++

A couple months later

"Mom, I'm nervous. I love him and I'm so excited but I'm scared too," you say.  Your mom laughs.

"That's okay. Everyone feels this way before they get married. You'll be fine," your mom says. Your mom and everyone exits the room you're in to take their seats outside for the ceremony.

Suddenly, you hear the musicians play, which is your que to go out. You step out, the train to your long white ball gown dress trailing behind you. You're h/c hair is adorned with a white broche and a veil. Your e/c eyes wonder around and look at everything in awe. You see your soon to be husband staring back at you as he stands in the altar. You walk towards him and finally reach the altar. You reach him and take his hands in yours.

The ceremony goes smoothly and now you're both exchanging vows.

"Y/n, from the moment I met you, I knew you were special. I know I didn't treat you as so in the beginning and I still hate myself for that, but I'm so glad you've forgiven me," he says. He pauses for a second. "You've been, probably the biggest Help to me. You've been my rock and you've been there for everything. You taught me so many things and you've given me the tough love I needed at times. You're everything I wish I can be. You're my best friend, my partner in crime, my cheerleader, and my therapist. You're my everything," he says.

"Mark, I don't even know how to top that. I know it's not a competition but I really do love you. You've also Helped me so much. You've been understanding and compassionate. You've been everything I could ask for and more. Most of all, you're here. I love you."

You both slipped the rings on each other's fingers and began your lives as Mr. and Mrs. Fischbach.

At the reception, you both danced to Luck Be A Lady as one of your first dances. You both acted like goofballs but overall, you both were happy.

××

The end.

Thank you guys so much for reading.

This journey was amazing and I'm sad it's over but I've grown out the whole fanfic thing and I'm. School starts soon and I need to focus on that as well.

Anyways, thank you and for the final time.

How was your day? Anything cool happen? Got anything cool planned? Eat well? Sleep well? Keep up with hygiene?

Fangirl here.

Rant here.

Say anything here.

-didn't proofread.

$lanascoast$