The Introduction

Gypsi Xenia-Marie Chen aka 'GG'

My name is Gypsi. I'm 22 years old. I stand at 5'4, I'm short as hell I know. I'm black of course, but I am also of Haitian & Guyanese descent. Born & raised in Bronx, New York. I have my own clothing store, 'So Plush' that has successfully grown into a huge business. I currently have 5 stores opened. One here in the Bronx, one in Spanish Harlem, one in New Jersey, one in California & one in Atlanta. I plan on opening more soon, later on this year. Looking at my life, I went from being homeless for two years, having to drop out of high school to sell drugs to support my family, that did something to me...it made me want to be better, to do better...not only for me, but for my parents, my big brother & big sister Aniyah. So I did what I had to do in order for that to happen. I went and finished high school, got accepted to New York School of Design, & got my degree in Fashion Design. After graduating, I worked for a local fashion company until I made enough to put my family into a small apartment and also until I could build my own brand. Once I had enough to get my own sewing machine and material, I began to design and make my own clothes...that became my focal point. I began to create and design so many different clothes and accessories that it got the attention of a woman who saw my work and believed that I could have my own company. Her name is Mrs. Michelle Washington. She ordered over 500 tops and bottoms from me to sale to her clientele. At first, I wanted to refuse the offer because it was only me, I didn't have anyone else staying up for hours and hours everyday working on these designs/clothes, but she helped me generously. She brought me an office and told me that I could go on a search for other designers to help me with the orders. I hired almost twenty other women who also just graduated from NYSOD, and we ended up having more than enough for her orders. Once I gave her the orders she needed, plus the extras, she gave me a check of $350,000. With that, she told me that I could do what I wanted to do, but before all of that, I had told her my dream of having my own clothing store, and with that check, she made it happen..to this day, I still keep in contact with her, gaining advice and also a shoulder to lean on. During the time I found the place I wanted my shop to be, my family had found a place to live with my Aunt Mary. She had recently moved to the Bronx and had contacted me through Mrs. Washington. I told her that I got an apartment for me & my family, but it was too small for us & I wanted for them to have a home while I go out and try to make something happen, to achieve my goal of giving my family better than what we've had. She agreed to move them in, and made me promise that if I ever became successful with my store to come back and give all of them a home. I kept my promise. Three years ago, my shop reached the top. I finally had enough to get my family out of the predicament they were in & I got them a home. It was an 8 bedroom, 7 bathroom home with a tennis court & basketball court on the other side. It also came with a 14ft pool and jacuzzi, which my mama was happy for. I achieved my goal. I felt really proud of myself for going through with my plans & keeping my promise. I've had a blissful life since then. I helped my brother find a job in construction, my parents had received great jobs on their own, my sister works with me & got her cosmetology license so she's planning on owning her own hair salon, just like our aunt. My aunt was happily returning to doing hair & got her own hair salon. I felt that my life was starting to take a turn and that I could be happy but that didn't last long. Wednesday night, May 10th, 2016, 4 o'clock in the morning, I got a call from my mom. My brother had been shot outside of the property he was working on. I hurried and rushed to the hospital, only to find out that he had succumbed to the wounds and died. That was like a huge sting to my heart. After that night, I went and stayed with my parents and my aunt so we could all mourn together...I still had my condo, I just wanted to be with my family, to make sure that they were okay. Weeks later, my parents wanted me and my aunt to go back home, they said that they appreciated us for being there with them during that tough time, but they wanted me to continue to build my brand and become more of what I had already became and they wanted my aunt to continue with her salon. We left, but not before making sure that they were fully okay. Every day after that, I would call or text them to check on them to see how they were doing. I wanted my parents to stay with me as long as they could, they were the reason for me being where I am today. It wasn't too long before I received another phone call, saying that my aunt was killed. I rushed to my parents and prayed, asking why was the pain continuously worsening as the days went by, why was I losing the people I love and most importantly, I prayed that God would keep my parents on this Earth. I cried with them, laughed with them, danced with my father, shared stories with my mother, & enjoyed being with my parents all up until recently, July 4th, 2017, I lost both of my parents due to a car accident on Belmont Ave, not too far from where my brother, Jinsu, was murdered last year. Since then, I've only been focusing on my business and my big sister, I haven't had time to date anyone, nor do I want to. I feel as if I'm not ready to be in a relationship right now...I just lost the most important pieces to my life and I just wanna grieve for awhile...Well, before I decide to get involved with anyone. I don't wanna put a burden on anyone with this feeling of emptiness that I got going on in my life right now. I just wanna get myself together mentally and emotionally..not just for me, but for a good man. A good man that'll come into my life and give me something that I've always wanted,... a love that'll last forever.

Genesis Rashaad Brewster aka 'Geno'

Sup. The name's Genesis. I'm 24 years old. I stand at 6'7, 265 lbs. I'm Bajan & Dominican. Born & raised in Spanish Harlem, New York. I'm a rapper signed with Def Jam. I have a daughter, Kairi, she's one years old. I recently finished the last bit of my new album 'Genesis Unspoken' which should be out very soon, working on my own clothing line for both men and women, 'Genesis VII' and a documentary on the way. A few months ago, one of my closest friends, more so a brother, Mugga was murdered. It fucked me up, along with the pain I still feel from the loss of my best friend Freaky, I couldn't bear it. Recently, my baby mama had signed over her rights to Kairi & left off to be with some nigga in Cali..I ain't really trippin though, I was more of a parent to Kairi anyway.

And

And...that's my babygirl. I love that little girl to death..before her, I was lost, didn't know what I wanted to do...but then she came into my life and I knew right then that I had to make it happen, if not for me, then for her. I've always had a passion for basketball, but, since that went left, I decided that music was the next best thing. I didn't wanna have to work a job like everybody else, that's not me. I got into the drug game not long after I got out of college, at least putting me and mines in a better predicament than we were in. I started music a little while during my days of selling and putting out mixtapes back to back. Recently, my mixtape 'Gemini' got into the hands of one of my favorite rappers, Nas. He signed me onto his record label a few years ago. I have gotten the attention of many other major artists such as Styles P, etc. I released my mixtape/EP 'Kairi Chanel' around the time I had signed on with Def Jam later on in the year of 2016. At that time, Kairi was at least 6 months old and just by accomplishing that deal, I knew I had to go harder, to make sure that my babygirl was 100% taken care of and to make sure that her life, as well as mine, was gon be good. I put in my time and dedication to do what I gotta do for her, and for my mama. Since she came into my life, she's the only female besides my mama, that has my heart. I feel as if I'm ready for a relationship, but with someone that has her own, that is about her business, someone who has struggled to get where she wants to be, but also someone who's willing to love, willing to accept Kairi, be there for me as I'd be there for her, someone who wants what I want....a love that'll last forever.