Chapter Four

Amelia's POV...

"I'm going to avoid him! I'm going to stay away from him!" not

Well that worked out really well for me! Esme, who's supposed to be my best friend decided to invite Raldon and company to our table for lunch. I get that we are supposed to make him feel welcomed and all but there were so many students in our school, so why couldn't someone else do it? Not only did i have to deal with Raldon's mood swings but also his girlfriend's glares. She was really pretty but with her glares and bitchy attitude, she was by far the ugliest person ever. She clung on to Raldon's arm as though it was her life support . For some reason, I felt a twinge of annoyance. That's right I was annoyed because she was rude and not for any other reason. The only normal person on our table, other than me of course, was Raldon's best friend, Samuel, but he was flirting with Esme. Come to think about it, they looked really cute together. Maybe I could set them up. Which would mean that I would have to see Raldon more often. Ugh, I was getting too ahead of myself.

I snap out of my thoughts only to be greeted by the sight of Raldon and barbie doll kissing. Ew! I was trying to eat! I huff and dump my food in the trash and walk away. Wow, Esme didn't even realise that I was gone. Whatever. Ever since Raldon entered my life, I'm greeted with new things everyday. It wouldn't even surprise me if the ground broke into two. Ok maybe it would, but you get the point. Suddenly, something crashes into me and sprawl onto the ground. I wouldn't be surprised if I had crashed into Raldon. I look up and find myself staring into air. What? I'm sure I crashed into someone or something. I wave my hands around the air in front of me. There is nothing there. I couldn't have imagined something there, right? I felt something which sent me down to the floor. It was like a strong gust of wind. I pick myself up and dust my jeans. It suddenly felt very chilly. I look around me and find the hallway deserted. Shit, I was late! But the incident still ran through my mind like a spoilt record.

I couldn't focus at all for the rest of my lessons. Once the last bell rang I shot out of my seat. I was going home myself today as Esme had cheer practice. Yup, she was a cheerleader. Atleast i could focus on my thoughts and clear them before I got home this way. What had actually hit me? Was it just my imagination or was something really there? Maybe someone was wearing the cloak of invisibility? Ok, I'm digressing. Maybe I should forget about this entirely, people would think I'm crazy if I told them about it.

I break out of my thoughts as I hear footsteps behind me. I turn to see who it is. There was no one behind me. I think I'm going crazy, first I crashed into an imaginary thing and now I'm having hallucinations. 

Suddenly a shadow falls upon me. There is this tall guy standing right in front him. He was giving me really bad vibes and my conscience kept telling me to run away. But, I was curious. Who was this guy and why was he standing so close to me. He had a hoodie on and I couldn't really see his face, not it simply piqued my curiosity further. It was as though he was calling upon me. Out of nowhere three more guys appear beside him. They looked very similar to the first one, almost as though they were quadruplets. At this point I was freaking out. They kept inching closer to me, as though I was their prey. Slowly, they took out their knives from its sheath. They had knives? How did I not notice that. My heart almost fell out of my chest as the first guy swung his knife towards my neck. I quickly fell to the ground and avoided the fatal blow. The other two guys lunged for my stomach, but I swiftly rolled away. I'm not sure, how exactly I was avoiding the blows but I trusted my instinct and my conscience to not get me killed. All of them thrust their knives towards me, this time i did not have a way to escape. The knives were coming from all directions. I was trapped, I closed my eyes, preparing to feel the knife penetrate my skin, but suddenly a warmth spread through me. It was like lava, except, it did not burn me, instead it soothed me like warm honey.

The blow never came and my conscience urged me to open my eyes. There was no one in front of me. It was as though they were reduced to dust. Everything suddenly seemed too much to take. Dark spots danced in my vision my body went, but someone caught me before my head made contact with the floor. Blue flashes my vision, it was an extremely familiar colour. Where had I seen it? Raldon! It was Blueberry! A wave of relief sweeps through me. Surprisingly, I felt safe in his arm. I tried to talk but no words came out and then suddenly everything went pitch black...