Chapter Three

Amelia's POV

"Amelia and Esme! How nice of you to join us!" Our math teacher exclaimed with sarcasm.

"We're deeply honoured to join you, Mr Wren," I end with a wink. He has an amused smile on his face, as he slowly shakes his head. Thankfully, Mr Wren is the chillest math teacher ever. I quickly make my way to my seat, not before noticing the blueberry guy. Yes, that's what I'm going to call him, his eyes were like little blueberries, don't judge. I noticed that his fist were clenched and his face was contorted in a scowl. His eyes were a cloudy blue, he looked angry. It was funny how I could understand how he felt just by looking at him, it was almost as though I knew him from a long time.

"Right, so we have a new student, who was going to introduce himself, before we were rudely interrupted," Mr Wren shoots Esme and I, a glare, while I just smile cheekily at him.

"Hi, I'm Raldon, I just moved into town with my family." His eyes connects with mine, it holds utmost hatred, that I am almost taken aback. What had I done to him? I had just met him, yet my heart constricted painfully. This hatred couldn't possibly because I crashed into him right? I wanted his approval for some reason. No, Amelia, snap out of it! My conscience chided me. But, why did he hate me? I couldn't take it anymore so I turned away.

"Welcome, Raldon, why don't you take the seat beside Amelia?" I really wanted to kill Mr Wren right now. Involuntarily, my gaze moves towards blueberry, he was glaring at the table beside me, as though he was burning holes into it. What was his problem? He slowly makes his way towards his table, and takes a seat, accidentally brushing his hand against mine. This ensues chills down my spine and I quickly pull my hand away. His face finally changes into something other than anger, confusion. He stares at me as though I'm the most confusing being on earth and then suddenly reverts back to his cold self. Wow, that was weird, I brush it aside and continue to listen to Mr Wren.

Esme nudges me and whispers into my ears," Dude, he's really hot and he keeps staring at you! I think he likes you!!" I stare at her like she's grown 10 heads. Did she not see the glare he kept shooting towards me? "Hello? Are you blind or something? He hates me!" I whisper-yell. "There's a thin line between love and hate!" Esme counters. Whatever, her logic was flawed. I didn't want any guy liking me right now, not that he likes me. All I wanted was to get out of high school and into a great college. Honestly, I always wished I was some princess and my knight in shiny armour would come and rescue me and we would live happily ever-after, but this is real life, its not possible. Now all I want to do is to get a good job and help my parents out. I came from a poor household I could not afford to waste my time over petty things like this.

"Amelia! What is the answer for question 3?" Mr Wren's voice breaks me from my reverie. Huh? What question? If you could actually stop day-dreaming for once, my conscience sniggers. I stare at him cluelessly. Remember I said he was a chill teacher, it wasn't entirely true, he can be brutal if we didn't pay attention during his lessons. Shit I was dead, DEAD. "It's 24.8 cm" a voice beside me grumbles. Raldon! He helped me out? I stare at him questioningly, i thought he hated me? Why did he help me out? "Don't worry I didn't help you because I like you, I just want the lesson to carry on and also because you look ugly with your mouth open like that." How dare he! I was actually going to thank him but he's nothing but an asshole. I snap my mouth close and stare forward. I didn't want to dignify him with an answer. "Amelia, please refrain from daydreaming in my class, you should be grateful that Raldon helped you answer the question!" Mr Wren shakes his head disappointedly. I mumble a quick sorry and look down. I suddenly felt like crying. I know this was a very minor issue but, what blueberry said really hurt me. This was very unusual, I was never this sensitive.

I look up and see Raldon analysing me. Something flashes through his eyes but it's gone as fast as it came. He was an asshole and I made up my mind to ignore him. I quickly excuse myself, to go to the toilet. Today was definitely a bad day.

Why does he hate me so much?

HIIII! So why do you think Raldon hates Amelia so much?