irl 4.0

SNOW

By the time I woke up, it was only an hour later and Iris was still asleep. However, Felicity was not. So I went into the room to talk to her while Barry went back home.

"Hey, Felicity." I whispered as I say down next to her.

"Hey, Caitlin. How's you and Barry?" She asked and grabbed a bag of chips out of a tote bag filled with snacks.

"We're great! What about you and Ollie?" I asked her and grabbed my own snack from the bag.

"I'm not sure, if I'm being honest with you, Caity." Felicity replied with a sigh.

"What happened?"

"I don't really know. One minute we love each other and the next we're not even talking ever since I told him I'd be moving here for Iris and her baby two months ago."

"I'm sure he's just not ready to come to terms with it. And in doing so, he's pushing you away." I told Felicity and placed a supportive hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks, Caitlin." She replied and pushed her glasses up her nose.

As we continued to eat snacks and catch up, Iris began to stir on the hospital bed. I immediately got up and was by her side, with Felicity on the other side.

"Morning," Felicity began before starting to go off as she usually does, "Wait no. It's actually night. But I just said 'morning' because you were just waking-"

"I get it." Iris laughed and stopped Felicity's ongoing sentence.

As if it was a coincidence, the nurse walked in pushing a cart, where lied Iris' baby girl.

"She's all ready for you. The birth was very hard and took a lot of energy out of you. So we decided it would be best to let you rest, so when you woke up you could name your little girl." The nurse said, whose name we later found out to be Rhonda.

"So, Iris, what's it gonna be?" I smiled as she held her baby in her arms for the first time.

"Sierra Joy West." Iris cooed and watched her baby.

"That's a beautiful name, Iris. And she's beautiful." I told her and Felicity nodded in agreement.

"She's gonna grow to be as strong and amazing as her mom." Felicity complimented.

"I'm sure she will. Along with her other amazing friend moms." Iris teased.

"Oh, of course!" I laughed and scrunched up my nose.

"So I basically give either of you the baby when I just need a break?" Iris asked.

"Well I live with you. So basically when we both need a break." Felicity said making the three of us erupt into laughter.

"That just means we give the baby to Caitlin and Barry." Iris cheered and I took a deep breath in.

"Have you even thought about having children one day, Cait?" Felicity asked me.

"Of course I would love to! But I don't know if Barry would want to commit to something that long, Licity." I told her and pursed my lips.

Just as Iris was about to speak, my phone buzzed in my pocket.

"Speak of the devil," I said and showed my phone screen to my two close friends, "It's Barry."

"Ignore him, it's time for the girls." Felicity sassed a smile.

I read the text and shoved my phone into my pocket as something to do later.

"Atta, girl." Iris said and playfully punched my arm with a smirk.

Felicity grabbed the remote to the hospital TV and flicked through the channels. Eventually stopping on "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air".

As the theme song came on, I started to sing along.

"There were a couple of guys who were up to no good, started causing trouble in the neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, she said, 'You moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.'" I said out loud mocking the mom voice.

"Get it, girl." Iris laughed, followed by Felicity. And eventually, the three of were a laughing stock and we just couldn't contain ourselves.

We told jokes to one another that only we would get. The three of us told funny stories of each other or something embarrassing they did or witnessed. We then had to stop because one the nurses had walked into the room about noise complaint. Jokes on them, the real noise complaint was there complaining.

Though that sounded harsh, the three of us felt so drunk from laughter and not alcohol.

Later that night, or morning I should say, I left the hospital and dropped Felicity off at her and Iris' place to prepare the arrival of Iris and her baby later that day. While I waited for Felicity to give me the signal to leave, I texted Barry back.

I drove back home and met Barry in the bedroom. I plopped down next to him and took out my ponytail.

"Hey, babe. It's kind of early in the morning. Why are you back so late?" Barry said to me as I trudged out of bed and ripped off my shirt.

I shuffled to my closet, leaving my shirt on the ground. I scanned my closet looking for a t-shirt. The only one I found was Barry's oversized shirt he only wore twice.

"I'm wearing your shirt." I blurt out and pull the orange shirt over my head and slip off my jeans. Climbing back into bed, Barry tangles his arms around me.

"I love this shirt though." He said, his muffled voice against my back.

"You only wore it twice, Barry." I scoffed and turned to look at his dorky smile.

"Oh yeah! I think I meant to say I love you."

"Really, now? Because I love you." I giggled at how cheesy that was, but with Barry's dorky self, how could one possibly be mad?

I snuggled closer to his chest as he fell to sleep. The rise and fall of his chest then lulled me to sleep.