Family

Nova//3 months later @ 2 am.

"Nova. It's happening." My eyes shot open and I sat up. "Like now? Right now?" She nodded and grabbed my arm. "Okay. Okay." I got up out of the bed and ran to grab our hospital bag.

I helped her out of bed and we walked down the stairs. "Jae! It's happening! We'll be back!" Dee was gripping my arm hard as fuck.

"Deep breaths baby." We got to the car and I helped her in. "What does it look like I'm doing?" I drove as fast as I can on the busy LA streets. "Oh my fucking god. I'm going to die. This baby is going to kill me. Fuck!"

She let go of my arm and gripped onto the door handle.

~ ~ ~ ~

"Ugh! I fucking hate you Nova!" She dug her nails into my skin. That shit hurt like hell. "I love you to baby." I wiped the sweat off her forehead.

"One more. Come on Diamond. You got this." She pushed hard and she gripped onto my arm. "You sun of a bitch!" I winced trued to pry her hand off my arm.

* * * *

"She's precious." Dee smiled down at our little princess and she had tears in her eyes. "You wanna hold her baby?" I nodded and took off my shirt. Dee gave me the baby and I sat down in the chair next to the bed.

I held her up to my chest and I started singing quietly. Dee watched me with a smile on her face. She laid her head back on the bed and closed her eyes.

√ √ √ √

"Congrats nephew." Ekko patted me on the back and smiled at me. "Thanks Unc." I looked through the window at Dee smiling and kissing the baby. "Man I never thought my nephew would be engaged and having a baby at 17." I sighed and turned around looking at him.

"We already talked about this. It's soon but we aren't getting married until we are financially stable. That's gonna take awhile."I know. What if it doesn't work out?" I shook my head and put my hands in my pockets.

"Don't doubt us. We've been through so much together and we've gotten through it together. You supported us when she became my girlfriend. Support us when she becomes my wife. You can't go back in time and undo what's already done." He pursued his lips and leaned against the wall.

"Now do you want to see the baby or do you want to leave?" He took a deep breath and relaxed. "I wanna see her." I nodded and opened the door to the room. Dee looked up at us and smiled.

"Hey Ekko." He smiled and walked over to Dee. "Can I?" Dee nodded and handed him the baby. "What's her name?" We looked at each other and then we looked at him.

"Well, since you're our only family left, we wanted you to name her." I touched his shoulder and he smiled.

"Hi, Carmen Alejandra Franceschi." Me and Dee both smiled at the name. "Its beautiful Ekko." He gave the baby to me and kissed her on the forehead.

"I gotta get back to Reading cause Im working in the studio and stuff but Ill call you." He kissed baby one more time and then he left.

Two years later//Dee.

"Dee are you ready? Everyones wai-- Oh my god. You look so beautiful." Jae covers her face. She started getting tears in her eyes.

"Okay okay. No crying cause then Im gonna cry and my makeup will get messed up." She nodded and helped me fix my dress.

"Everybody is waiting on you outside." I looked at myself in the mirror one more time and took a deep breath. "Wow. Im 18 with a 2 year old daughter and Im getting married. Wow." Jae laughed at me and came up behind me.

"This is just now hitting you?" I turned around and she grabbed my hands. "Don't get cold feet on me now. You've been through so much. Guess who was right there with you the whole time. Nova was. He loves you and he's going to take good care of you and Carmen. Okay?"

I nodded and she let go of my hands. "Time to get married." We walked out of the dressing room and stood in front of the doors. Me and Ekko waited for our signal and then we went in.

He walked me up to the alter then kissed my cheek and hugged me. I smiled and he gave me over to Nova.
"Please be seated." Everyone sat down and the Minister nodded.

"We're gathered here today to celebrate Julio Franceschi and Diamond Barmer's relationship and to be witnesses and supporters of the commitment they share with one another. Together we are some of the most in their lives and they’ve brought us here to publically recognize that we’ve all played some special part in the love they share today."

Me and Nova smiled at eachother and then looked back at the Minister.

"They would like to recognize all of those who couldn’t make it here today as they are certainly missed but not forgotten on this day of celebration like their puppy, Xo (Zo)." Everyone laughed for a little and then they quieted down.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"You may read your vows now." Nova nodded and took a piece of paper out of his pocket. "My hands are sweating." He looked out at the crowd and they were smiling.

"I've honestly been wanting to marry you for a long time. This feels like a dream to me. I'm so glad that god lead me to you because you made me a better person. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Second to my baby Carmen." I gasped and put my hand up on my chest dramatically.

The people in the crowd started laughing. "Nah but I've never loved someone as much as I love you. You're the love of my life." I smiled and Jae handed me my vows.

"I'm gonna keep this short because I wanna marry you already." Nova laughed and I opened my paper.

"After I had been cheated on and used, I never thought I'd fall in love again. But, I met you and everything changed. We've been through a lot together. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. There has been so many surprises in our relationship. I'm greatful to have been able have someone like you in my life. I love you so much."

There we're awe's coming from everywhere in the crowd. Nova had tears in his eyes so I wiped them.

∆ ∆ ∆ ∆

"I do." Nova looked at me and then back at the Minister. "Do you, Diamond Barmer, take Julio Franceschi to be your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold, for better or for worse?" I nodded. "I do." Nova smiled and so did I.

"Then by the power vested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife. Julio, you may now kiss the bride." He took my face in his hands and kissed me. I smiled and kissed him back.

The crowd started clapping and cheering. We broke the kiss and then left the church.

We were married, nobody was after us, and we had Carmen. Life was amazing. Flaujae lived with us until she went off the college at the age of 20. She came home to visit us every now and then. Nova owned his own studio and was a music producer while I helped Jd with the show.
Carmen was 7 and was really talented. She was really smart and she loved to rap. It was in her genes. We had great jobs and a beautiful family life was great. I had everything I ever wanted.