Chapter 10 Stories

I finish putting on my bathing suit my hands are shaking "Ava are you alright" I'm on the verge of crying I pull up the strap I check that I look ok in the mirror I open the door I was wearing a blue and white stripped one piece I had to borrow it off Anna as I couldn't find anything which belonged to me "you will be fine" I find myself staring at Jesses body he clicks his fingers "my eyes are up here" he laughs.

"I didn't realise you had so many tattoos" I grab his hand.

"Relax you will be fine" we walk out to where the pool is it was a outside pool so you can hear and see the sea I close my eyes and my grip on Jesse goes tighter "hey don't break my hand" he makes me look at him "Av you can do this".

I sit dangling my feet into the water as Jesse was already in the water wasn't even deep but the sound of the waves crashing against the wall is kind of freaking me out  but I think I'm ready "ok I think I'm ready" I put both hands on the side and slide into the water my feet hit the bottom I sigh in relief "it's cold" I stutter as it hits me I automatically put my arms around Jesse he was take back but put his arms around me.

"You did good" I bury my head into the crook of his neck I close my eyes I remember something I move so I'm looking into his eye.

"You told me you loved me over there" I point to the cliff behind the pool, his eyes go wide.

"You remember" I nod "oh wow that's amazing".

The longer we were in the pool the more relaxed I came I wasn't grave enough to put my head under but I am swimming so that's better than I was a couple of months ago I wouldn't even go into the bath. The pool wasn't busy well that's what I thought until I see Maxi, Reidy, Harrison and another person come around the corner I panicked and push Jesse's hands off my waist he gives me a confused look.

"Hey Jess" Maxi shouts then he notices me "hey Ava" Jesse mutters something under his breath we swim over "what are you two doing here?"

"Physico" I answer then say hello to everyone.

"Oh Ava this is Ryan my cousin and new lifeguard" I shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you Ryan" he smiles .

"Ava is Jesse's shadow" I roll my eyes I see Ryan thinking.

"Nice to meet you Ava", I climb out the pool and grab my towel from the chair I walk to the changing rooms but as I'm out out sight I hear talking.

"Are you sure nothing going on between you two you seamed pretty cosy" Reidy says with a chuckle.

"Mate leave it will ya" Jesse says "so are you guys training"

"Yeah you joining".

"I might I'll ask Ava if she want to stay" I hear water splashing like Jesse was getting out the so I decide to hide behind a bin I hear flip flops against the floor so I wait until he past me I wrap my arms around him he jumps a  "Jesus Ava don't do that" he turns around I can't help myself I kiss him  "what was that for".

"I love you" I mumble shutting the changing room door I smile to myself as he looked surprised he waited awhile before saying anything .

"So do you mind if I stay and train for a bit".

"Not at all" I begin to get dressed I put on my top and it was basically see through oh fuck "errm  Jesse can I have your hoody please"

"Sure it's on the bench outside grab it when your done" I sigh

"I need it now..my white top isn't so white anymore" I whisper the last part I hear a chuckle.

"Hang on".

I was wrapped in Jesse's hoodie watching the men train more came but I didn't noticed who, I was reading a book on Wattpad away with my thoughts when I hear "hey kid how you doing?" It was Yatesy I can't help but smile.

"Hi I'm good sit down" I go into my bag and hand him a photo he chuckles.

"I remember this I the barman at one of your family members birthdays" he chuckled then I hand him a baby photo of me "you were cute, definitely got my eyes and hair"

"Yeah I noticed how was the convocation with my mum?" He tuts.

"Honestly she didn't really speak, but gave your number when I said I wanted to be apart of your life, she was always a women of a few words" he looks down at the photos "you look a lot like her you know" he comments as I hand him a few more photos.

"You think so" he nods "have you been to Greece?"

"Yeah I was a keen traveler and believe it or not that's where I met your mum I needed some money so I think it was your uncle gave me a couple of weeks of work I got to know your mum taught her some English as back then she barely knew any" he smiled "and then she came to Australia I don't know if she was pregnant before or after but we kept our relationship going as best as we could for a couple of weeks but there was so many obstacles in our way, I really wish she would of told me about you but I understand" he goes to hand me the pictures back.

You can keep them ", he smiles at least he's telling me more than anyone "what types of obstacles?"

"Thanks my mum will love to see these, religion, family, the language and the fact We hardly knew each other it was very much a whirlwind and she wasn't a Australian citizen so we decided that it was best to part ways as we would have eventually".

"Oi Yates are you starting" Whippet shouted. Yatesy turns to me and chuckles.

"I'm glad I could clear somethings up for you but for now I've got to get fit this beer belly won't shift itself".