TGWOD chapter 29

While Lydia and Stiles were in the Library, Derek and Phil finally began to heal enough to sit up. They had been awake but too weak to do anything but they had both heard everything that Stiles had said. Phil opened his eyes for the first time and they shone out Red. He was the new Alpha.

He turned to Derek and said,

"Is your Pet, sorry, your mate always like that?"

Derek smiled and said

"You saw Stiles when he was being sedate, he was being mindful of your traditional views".

Phil laughed

"Well he really did a number on my brother, he deserved it though. Is it true that he killed Deucalion in a one-on-one combat?"

Derek smiled

"Yes, three of our pack had been taken by the Alpha pack and Stiles was trying to follow a trail when he was taken by four Alphas. In order to save the three pack mates he attacked Deucalion and slit his throat and stabbed him in the heart with the very same knife he used on your brother. It's a magic blade that I can't even touch. If we're cut with that, we heal very slowly or not at all depending where he strikes us. You'd better get your brother to wrap that hand of his. Just know if it came down to a fight between wolves and Stiles, I'd always bet on Stiles".

Phil looked at Derek

"I never subscribed to my Pack's antiquated stance on Humans. I'm in love with a Human girl but my parents made me break it off because she'd no interest in being turned. I think what Stiles said was a wake up call to me and to the rest of my betas. Having experienced Stiles, I don't think they'll ever look at humans the same way again, As the new Alpha, I intend to change that attitude so that Humans can be completely integrated in our Pack and hopefully you can help me do it".

Derek leant over and shook Phil's hand but smirked

"Of course, a Pack with humans is always stronger as the humans remind us of our Human side. I'd be happy to help but only if Stiles agrees. Shall we see what they have found out?"