"Maybe we could try asking the gym leader? They're supposed to know about everything that happens in their town, right?" Meg suggested. That seemed like a good enough place to start, so we made our way to the large dome in the middle of the city. The doors slid open and we saw a secretary working on some paper work in the lobby with another set of double door straight ahead.

"Excuse me?" I asked as we came up to the secretary. He looked up from his paperwork seemingly surprised.

"Can I help you?" he asked.

"We would like to talk to the gym leader, please? If they're here." We waited patiently as he dug through the stacks of paper to pull out what looked like a sign in sheet.

"Just put your name and number here and we'll call back in a few days when Ms. Misty has time to speak with you." He calmly handed us the paper and went back to signing the papers in front of him.

"A few days?" Meg squeaked. "We don't have a few days!"

The secretary looked back up at us, his brows furrowed. "I'm sorry but Ms. Misty is a busy person and-"

"This is a very important matter! Have you heard of Team Rage? They're on the loose right now and if we don't-"

"Ghost!" I hissed, sending an apologetic glance to the scared man. "I'm sorry, what she meant to say is we are in a bit of a rush and we were hoping we could see Ms. Misty before then. Is there anything we could do to make that possible?"

The secretary thought for a moment before responding. "I suppose if you beat Ms. Misty in a gym battle she might be able to take a minute to talk to you. However, it is quite difficult and no one has beat her in a long time."

"Thank you, sir!" I dragged Meg away, Adam following closely behind us.

"Doesn't he know how important this is? We should be able to talk to her right now. The safety of the world is at stake-"

"Ghost! Shut up!" Finally, she quieted down. "Did you hear that? All we have to do is beat this gym leader and the we can see if they know any about where Team Rage went! And plus, we get a gym badge in the process. Didn't you say you wanted to become champion before Thomas did?"

She sighed. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Plus, I'm pretty sure she's a water type gym leader. My Pikachu can easily beat all of them." She grabbed a pokeball off her waist and started to walk through the doors that lead to the main gym area.

"Well, not to brag, but I have an Ivysaur," Adam boasted. "I'm sure I can beat Misty before you can get that Pikachu of yours to beat one pokemon." He looked at Meg smugly as she glared at him.

'An Ivysaur? His Bulbasaur must've evolved. Hm, I didn't think he was going to train him Bulbasaur that quickly.' I shook my head, focusing on the arguing siblings in front of me.

"Fine then, let's make this a competition," I decided.

Adam seemed unsure. "What do I get when I win."

Meg smirked and replied, "The other two have to carry the winner around the next time we set off to find Team Rage."

The two looked at me and I nodded happily. "Let's do it!"

I pushed open the double doors nervously. Charmeleon wasn't going to do very well against water types. Last time we were fine, but dragon rage's forty health might not cut it this time, since these pokemon were a higher level.

Splashy wouldn't be able to do much either. Even though she's a water type, splash wouldn't affect the opposing pokemon at all, we could only hope to stun them with her shine.