Chapter 5 I See Now

Umino POV

"Hey, have you seen the others?" Nozomi asked

I jumped a little when she asked. "N-no, I h-haven't seen anyone but you."

Nozomi walked closer to me and I stood my ground. She raised her hands in a washi washi motion. "Now, now, we both know that's not true."

Umm... crap?

"O-ok. I saw Nico and Maki with you. You three w-were the only ones I s-saw."

"Time for washi washi max." she grabbed my breasts and squeezed hard. I squealed and without thinking, made a drinking fountain explode nearby.

Nozomi and I turned towards the water fountain.

Oops

"Hmm...My suspicions were right after all. So, what's going on? Should I even call you......"

She squeezed my breasts harder which resulted in the water from the drinking fountain knocking both of us back, making her land on top of me.

Both of us are soaked, but it doesn't seem to faze Nozomi at all. She used her arms to hold some of her weight while trapping me in between her arms. She adjusted herself so that she was straddling my hips, making escape nearly impossible.

She smiled down at me.

"Umi Sonoda."

Sighing in defeat, I answered. "Technically speaking I am Umi Sonoda. Just not the Umi Sonoda of this world. You could call me Umino, I am from the Other World. For some unknown reason, we were forced into your world. All nine of us. However, six of us had their link completely broken from their human counterpart. They no longer are attached and nothing is preventing them from completely turning against and killing their human counterpart."

"I see. Well...we should go find somewhere to dry off, don't you think?" She got off me and held out her hand to help me up.

I took her hand and got up. "That's not necessary." I said. I swiftly moved my arms and the water on me followed. As I got all the water off me I tossed the water out the window. Hoping no one was outside. I turned back to Nozomi staring at me in awe. I rolled my eyes and took control of the water on her and threw it out the window as well.

"A-amazing. Oh. We should find the others and tell them what's going on." Nozomi grabbed my arm and started walking but I stopped her.

"L-listen, Nozomi, I think it's best if they didn't know."

Nozomi only tightened her grip. "Umi. You said six of you had their links broken, right? Who are the others who aren't going on a killing spree besides you?"

I didn't answer her. Its best if the other two's identities remained hidden. That way, they could lead the other otherselves who're going berserk into thinking they are the human counterparts.

"You don't need to know that Nozomi."

"Alright then, why are the others going on a kill spree in the first place?"

"We don't really know what caused it. A friend of mine is searching for answers."

"Would this friend of yours happen to be your world's Kotori?"

"Nozomi!" I knew where she was going with this, which caused me to blush harder.

"I'm just messing with you. Let's go find Elichi. She could help us figure something out."

"Alright."

As Nozomi and I were walking down the halls, she broke the silence. "Umi, what is your world's me like?"

"What brought that question?"

"Curious."

"She is the manifestation of your thoughts and feelings. No surprise that her personality is similar to yours. The only difference really is the lack of emotions and high pain tolerance. Back in the Other World we don't necessary speak to each other out loud. All of us are able to use telepathy to communicate."

"I see. That drinking fountain back there. A-and the water hitting us..."

I sighed. "Yeah...I'm sorry about that."

"So, you girls have like superpowers or something?"

"Now you ask that? Hehe...We do have special abilities that reflect our human counterpart's personality. Our world isn't as safe as this one. We are the manifestation of one's feelings. Even animals in your world could manifest creatures into our world that will go berserk. We do need to protect ourselves."

"If you're a manifestation of Umi's feelings then why do I feel like you have your own feelings."

"It's because of whatever caused us to come to this world severed some of the link. Normally I act based on Umi's feelings. Not once having any thoughts of my own. Since a small portion of the link broke. I developed my own thoughts. My own feelings. Even my own personality. I could actually think for myself." A smile formed on my face when I started thinking about my crush I suddenly developed feelings for ever since we came to this world. However, once we return everything to normal, I won't be able to feel this again.

"I see." Nozomi and I continued walking in silence until a smirk formed on her face. "Say, Umi. I remember you smiling a moment ago. What were you thinking about?"

WHAT!! What is she even asking?!

"N-n-nothing. I-I wasn't thinking of anything."

"Your world's Kotori maybe?" Nozomi let out a little giggle.

Honestly Kotori isn't my crush, but I know this world's Umi thinks of Kotori in a special way. "I was NOT thinking of Kotori. I was thinking about my friend who's working very hard to figure out what's going on!"

"Oh~ would this friend of yours happen to be the girl I saw earlier with you? Right before you 'came to my rescue'? The girl who took your little 'disguise' away?"

I'm pretty sure my face rivaled a certain red-head.

Nozomi kept giving me a hard time with the whole KotoUmi thing. I decided to give her a piece of her own game.

"So then...is that how you feel with Eli?" I smirked.

"Eh?" Nozomi stopped her chatter about Kotori and me. Looks like I just hit a nerve there. "I-I've been best friends with Eli ever since our first year. Of course, she's a special friend of mine."

"What you're saying as 'special' mean you're in..." I can't believe I'm about to say something so shameless. But then again, I want to tease Nozomi. I grinned and looked at Nozomi. "L-O-V-..."

"WHAT!!? Y-you got it all wrong!" Nozomi was trying to deny it. I laughed.

"Who has what wrong?"

That voice caught both of us off guard.

We both turned towards the voice frozen. "E-Eli?"