Chapter 2 Whats going on?

Umi POV

I was walking down the hall when suddenly I saw a girl wearing a brown jacket with her hood over her head run down the hall and towards me. Right when I was about to ask what was going on, she passed me and kept running.

I looked back, a little confused. It was probably nothing.

As I continued down the hall towards the club room I ran into Rin.

"Rin, hello."

"Umi, heading to the club room nya?"

"Yes. Archery practice is over and Honoka and Kotori finished with cleaning duty."

"Then let's go nya!"

Rin grabbed me and practically dragged me to the club room where we found Hanayo already sitting in front of the computer.

"Nya nyanya~ hey kayochin! Whatcha doin'?" \(^ω^)/

Hanayo didn't answer.

"Kayochin?"

"I was waiting for my human counterpart but I guess I'll settle with you" Hanayo said in a frightening voice. I didn't know Hanayo could be so frightening.

"H-Hanayo. What are you saying? Is something going on that we don't know?" I asked a little nervously. My body began to shake out of fear. I have never seen Hanayo like this.

Hanayo jumped on Rin, pinning her on the ground. It took me by surprise. Without thinking I jumped on Hanayo and used all my strength to throw her across the room. As Hanayo was recovering I grabbed Rin and ran out of the club room and down the stairs.

Sooner or later, we ran into Nico and Maki. "Maki, Nico. Hanayo just attacked Rin! Where are the others?" I asked but they didn't answer either. They just looked at us.

"Maki nya? Nico nya? What's going on. Kayochin just attack me!" Rin started towards them and I followed.

Maki and Nico just looked at each other. Then looked back at us and started walking towards Rin. Rin grabbed Maki's arm and hugged it while jumping up and down.

" Maki Maki Maki~ I was scared nya. Kayochin wasn't herself."

Just as she said that, Maki broke free of Rin's little hug and grabbed at her throat pinning her to the wall in the process.

"Maki!" I yelled. As Maki's grip got tighter around Rin. Rin started struggling. Kicking and throwing punches randomly at Maki. The pain didn't seem to faze her as she kept her grip on Rin. I tried to rush in to help but someone grabbed me from behind and pulled me away. Rin fell unconscious.

As I was struggling against who held onto me I saw a hooded figure rush towards Maki and Rin. Nico tried blocking the hooded figure but failed as the hooded figure jumped and did a flip dodging Nico and landing behind Maki.

The hooded figure looked like the hooded girl I saw running through the hallway earlier. Maybe a little taller then I remember though.

The hooded girl broke Maki's grip on Rin, resulting in Rin hitting the floor. Maki then kicked the hooded girl in the side as the girl kicked Maki in the head. Nico rushed in and jumped on the girl's back and hung on for dear life.

As they were fighting. I drew my attention back to the person holding me back. She also had a jacket on with the hood covering her face. She was about the same height as me. As I tried yanking free, she pulled me back more and more, till eventually she got tired of me fighting her and let me go. I just stood there confused. She pointed down the hall towards the stairs. Then she pointed down.

Did she want me to go down the stairs?

After trying to signal me to run she ran towards the other hooded girl, bent down and picked up Rin, placing her on her back. Then she ran towards me and, again, grabbed me and pulled me with her towards the stairs. This time I didn't fight. I went with her.

As we ran down the hallways and down more stairs we eventually ran into Honoka and Kotori.

Don't tell me that they are like Maki and Nico I saw earlier. Whats going on with everyone? Maki wanted to kill Rin just now, does Honoka and Kotori want to do the same thing?

"Umi? Rin? whats going on?" Honoka asked.

"Wait, what? Honoka? You don't want to kill us?" I asked as Rin, who's still on the Hooded girl's back, woke up.

"Nya!!! What's going on!? Maki just choked me almost to death. I thought I was gonna die nya!" Rin said as she nearly fell of the girl's back. "NYA!!!  WHO ARE YOU?" Rin hopped off the girl and hid behind me.

"Good question, who are you?" I asked, turning to the girl. Of course, the girl didn't answer. She just looked away.

"That reminds me, Rin what were you doing with Nozomi earlier?" Kotori asked.

"Heh? I haven't seen Nozomi today at all nya. Once class was over, Kayochin said she had to use the bathroom and would meet me in the club room later and took off in a hurry. After that I started to head over to the club room until I ran into Umi nya. We both walked there together and that's when things got confusing."

"Rin's right. Once we entered the club room, Hanayo was there but it wasn't the Hanayo we knew. She attacked Rin. I managed to push her off and escape with Rin until we ran into Maki and Nico." I explained. Honoka and Kotori stared at me confused.

"Umm...was Eli with them by any chance?" Kotori asked.

"No, just Nico and Maki trying to kill me nya."

"We saw them in the hall earlier with Eli. Saying something about another Maki and another Nico trying to kill them."

"WHAT!?" Rin and I simultaneously asked in complete surprise.

"Yeah, it was strange." Honoka said. "You should have been there. Eli was trying to figure out what was going on while Maki and Nico were arguing. Something about being trapped in the auditorium."

"That is weird." I said. "Is there a possibility that all of us could have another look alike trying to eliminate us?" As I asked that, in the corner of my eye I saw the hooded girl flinch. I turned towards the girl. "Do you know something about this?" As expected she didn't answer. Instead she waved us goodbye, turned around and left.

Is it possible that the hooded girl is one of us and is trying to get close enough to strike?