Chapter Eighteen: The Truth Can Still Hurt

(Name:Agent Tennessee, Age: Seventeen-Eighteen Occupation: Arsenal/Marksman  Status: Inactive) Theme: I Burn By Jeff and Casey Lee Williams

I now stopped speaking to anyone or everyone unless I was spoken to however my rules changed when I heard that Carolina had gotten two A.I. I raced to the  hospital unit to see if I could save her but it was too late, she was already in surgery once she was out I made my way in, "Is she okay!" I asked with huffed. "Whoa! Are you okay?" New York asked, "I-Ish?" I managed to ask still panting, "She's just recovering. Why?" "Please tell her to be careful," I begged just then Washington came in asking how she was doing. I took my leave hoping she was fine but as soon as I left she demanded a match with Texas. I came to watch hoping things went fine suddenly I started screaming "Aahh! Please stop! Please stop! Please stop!" I cried until I fell unconscious. When I came to I awoken in the medical bay, I groan, "What happened?" My question was answered by a doctor, "You seemed to have slight blackout, maybe out of poor nutrition? Please try to eat and drink daily." He told me before dismissing me. I was confused however I saw California on a bed with New York next to her. "I-Is she okay?" I asked fearfully, "She's in a coma." He stated sadly I frowned telling him, "I'm sorry." I told him sadly he gave me a soft smile, "It's okay, I'm sure she'll be up soon enough telling us what to do, giving us orders." "Where's-Where's the rest of your team?" "I'm sure they're nearby or at the mess hall eating." "Why haven't you haven't left yet?" I asked softly, "I want to be there when she wakes up. I don't want her to be alone." He told me in thought my eyes widen in realization,"You like her, don't you? Uh Sure O-Of course I like my teammates. He stuttered embarrassed I just smiled, he then asked, "Is it that noticeable?" I laughed telling him, "I'm not sure but pretty sure that if people are close to you they probably know." "Ugh crap!" He muttered then asked me, "Do-Do you think she knows?" "I'm not sure but if had to guess I don't think so." I told him while shanking my head. "That's good." "Why?" I asked confused, "Because she-we have different dreams. It will never work out." I frowned, "You never know if you don't try. Besides everyone deserves to be happy." He smiled at me, "Thanks, Nemo. You're a good guy." I smiled back before leaving. Later I was walking to visit Carolina and to see New York again at the medical bay when I heard a scream. I quickly ran to see Washington screaming. "No! Washington!" I cried fearfully as they took him away, "Get back!" Somebody me told as I yelled, No! I quickly went to see the director. "This needs to stop!" I demanded but the councilor told me, "Agent New Mexico, the director knows what he's doing"-"No he doesn't! People have died and more are getting hurt. This isn't something you should be messing with, sir." I begged as he yelled out, "Silence! I will decided what is right and what is wrong, Agent. Keep that in mind. Got it?" I frowned angrily then he repeated, "Got it!?" Yes sir." "Good now leave." I growled angrily knowing that this wasn't over. Later that week, I broke into the directors office while there was an attack. I stole my teams A.I.'s along with our files, our true files, the ones that the director hid from everyone. That night, I found out what they doing to us and why also how they covered Kanas and the other's deaths. I was enraged and sad but mostly I felt alone. I quickly left, in the end just I sat on an cliff just trying to figure out what do next. Eventually I came to a decision and along the way I met Texas that was when I was at my worst. "Hey, Are you okay?"....