The girl in the photo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, stuff always comes up when I want to update. I got this one from another book with short horror stories. I altered it a bit to make it a little longer since it was quite short. Plz don't go reporting me for copyright cus im saying it out loud now: THIS AIN'T MY IDEA!! I DID NOT COME UP WITH THIS STORY!! Thank you. As for the pic, this is the closest I've found to the description.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was once a young man, about 19-20 years old. He was walking home from uni.

As he usually does on a winter evening, he stopped by the café near his apartment complex, to get a nice, warm mug of hot chocolate ('cause coffee at 6:30pm is seriously not healthy) when he found a pics of paper, laying gently on the neat blanket of snow in front of the café door. Curiosity got the best of him, so he picked up the piece of paper only to see it was a photo; an old, stained photo of a very beautiful girl. She looked to be about 18 with shoulder length dark hair that hung in lose curls, neatly framing her face. She was smiling innocently at the camera and was holding up two fingers like a peace sing. She was mesmerizing.

The young man continued to study the picture as he slowly walked into the café, greeting back the usuals who said 'hi' to him.

"Well good evening Ronald!" The owner of the café, John, exclaimed cheerfully "What's got you looking so perplexed?"

"Hi John," the young man greeted back, brushing off the question "could I please have the usual?"

"Sure thing," John said back, getting Ronald's hot chocolate  ready.

"Hey John, can I ask you something?" Ronald asked, John nodded, indicating Ronald to continue. The young man showed the owner of the café the the worn out photo of the girl and continued "have you seen the girl around?"

The café owner widened his eyes in shock, as if the photo were a terrible sin. "Sorry I haven't seen anyone like that. But here's a word of advice kid: give it up. That thing smells of trouble." He said.

Ronald was shocked by what the café owner said. He was usually very peaceful and cheerful, it was a rarity to see him serious. A not very 'good' rarity. He silently nodded, payed for the hot chocolate, took it, and left for home. Along the way he was trying to forget about the girl in the photo, but his mind just kept drifting to her.

A few days passed and his interest in the girl grew. It went from a mere wonder, to a like then to love. Eventually it got so strong it turned into an obsession. He was going mad. He couldn't stand not meeting her.

One night, on a Saturday, he was about to go insane (like proper yandere insane) until he looked and the window. The young man could not believe his eyes. There, on the other side of the road, was the exact same girl from the photo. He quickly grabbed his jacket and keys and raced outside to meet her. What he didn't notice was the truck speeding towards him just as he was crossing. It hit him with brutal force, instantly killing him.

The driver of the truck hit the brakes and rushed to check on the man, quickly realizing he was dead. Beside the young man the driver noticed a small, old photo, of a girl with shoulder length dark hair that hung in lose curls, neatly framing her face. She was smiling innocently at the camera and was holding up three fingers.