16. Where's The Peace?

Scarlett's mind was going to explode from thoughts, which would not stop even for a moment. Those feelings keep emerging in her mind, occupying every moment of her day, leaving her mentally retarded and unbalanced. They keep on wavering and jumping, leaving her restless, irritated and other emotions to name a few and as a result, she would end up inviting unwanted migraines for herself. She simply expected they would just stop for a little while and let her have the benefit of some amount of rest and peace.

Peace – which indeed lacked now following the devil's arrival. However, she finds a bit of peace here, at the stream. It'd always have. Everything feels so different. His presence makes her nervous; his voice makes her feel different, explosive sensations. His words leave her angry. Dylan reminds Scarlett of things which she purposely wants to forget.

She shifted her attention to the view in front. The gentle sun scattered the afternoon sun and she could clearly see how the water had gained its glassy clarity. It seemed like a force of nature and it was powerful yet brutal. Silence from the distance but it turns out quite deafening as the sounds of waves get closer. It was magnificent and no matter how many times she'd witnessed the same view, it still holds the aptitude to amuse her. Influential emotions stir within her as a silent sigh escapes her lips. Scarlett had ever beheld such a glorious view and her mind automatically drifted back to her teen years, where visiting there by the stream with Dylan was her favorite distraction. Therefore, the familiarity turns out depraved every time she ends up landing herself there. Sighing again, Scarlett closed my eyes for a second, as the glaring sun hit her eyes mercilessly. It's a kind of situation where she's restless there at the moment yet so peaceful.

The sudden ringing of her phone somehow succeeded in breaking her trance, instantaneously making her brows warp up in aggravation and displeasure.

Disgruntled, Scarlett took it out from her bag and doggedly ignored it as she switched it off. Knowing it would definitely be from Aaron, gave her a good reason to shut her eyes to it. Discussing business would be the last thing that she would want presently. Evidently, she recognizes her unawareness here but sometimes, a human just cannot act upon manners that are against their will.

However, thinking about Aaron only brought indecision and insecurity to her system. The repentance she felt right then was inevitable. It had been four days since Dylan had showed up secretly to her place and yet, she could not muster the power to tell Aaron the truth about it.

How could she, though? It would definitely turn out so depressing and hurtful for him to find out about that and the way that she'd reacted, only adds up to her ambiguity and diffidence. Although she'd tried to tell him, not once but twice, she just could not proceed to enlighten him with such deplorable information.

The queries that would arise after telling him probably prevented her from sharing. What would be her response, if Aaron questions her about not reporting him to the cops right away? She obviously recognises a fact – hiding from her mother is explainable but concealing from Aaron is moderately objectionable.

All over again, Scarlett felt strong disgust. She desperately wanted to remove the remorseful emotions from deep within her heart. The guilt that she was carrying currently, would undoubtedly bring her down and thinking about all those past encounters and the way she responded to his proximity only added furiousness to her very existence. This is truly unfair on Aaron's part. He had no knowledge of what was going on lately and about the number of times where she had been dealing with the conceited bastard secretly.

For a moment, she had this feeling of running away from everything and everyone. Scarlett really wishes to set things back to normal, where they all were younger and free from all the twitchiness and strain. She just wished they could go back to time, live all those years again, where Aaron and Dylan shared a good equation, and change the spiteful events even before they could take place.