1. The Unwanted Proposal.

Sometimes, words fail to convey how a person feels. That's exactly how Scarlett experiences it at the moment.

Her sadness is her hollowness. She'd been brave, kind, soft and gentle, yet apparently, all that has negated by being too intelligent.

Her gaze stopped at her reflection, as she challenged herself, to get over things that she should have already kept behind, long back. Scarlett may show herself as a strong willed woman, but deep inside, no one knows how fragile she has been over these years.

However, she was the kind that refuses to sit still; she holds the power to triumph over such kind of emotional wreckage. She continued to stare at her reflection and shifted her gaze closely on her frowned forehead. A long yet impatient breath escaped her lips. She refused to curl up and sit like the weak one, like her body wished now. However, she forced a smile thinking it will definitely pass after a moment of time. A new fresh beginning awaits her and all that is left to do is accept it and try to be happy.

"Are you ready, sweetheart?" Scarlett's inner battle ended upon hearing Aaron's voice as he stood there, examining how she looked for that night's celebration. He smiled for what seemed like a wave of adoration to her as he made his steps to where she was rooted, right in front of her vanity mirror. He stopped only a few inches away from her as he smiled at Scarlett in warm affection. Bringing his hand up to her face, he brushed the free locks off her mesmerizing face, dropping a light kiss on her crown. The little action did bring a light smile, defeating her misery a bit. She feels Aaron was simply a bit too good for her as she hardly expressed much in their private times.

Aaron reached out for her hand as he held it gingerly. He then turned her a little, making Scarlett face herself as she noticed her own figure standing there, clueless might she dare to add. However, her eyes went wide witnessing Aaron's moves as he began to take out something from his suit pocket, he then landed it around her slender, beautiful neck.

A low, surprising gasp escaped her lips as she intended to touch only with utmost tenderness. The simple yet elegant piece of a diamond stud chain was simply too gorgeous as she again traced the stone with her thumb. She gives him a look containing disbelief. He was a perfect man a girl could always gush about in front of her friends.

"Aren't you tired of giving me these exclusive things?" Scarlett complained with a sigh as he chuckled, followed by a light peck on her temple. The moment made her slightly taken aback as it was unexpected. Actually, she was still not accustomed to his affection. He caressed her arm and again, she fidgeted. Aaron seemed to notice it as he instantly stepped aback. It was something that she genuinely admired about him. He understood her as if no one else could. He valued her space. He knew everything was new to that pining lady and that she is still on her way in to moving on.

"You are going to shine, as always, sweetheart," A positive smile emerged through his lips as he glanced at Scarlett and she responded with a small smile.

"Thanks," Scarlett smiled as he stared at her for a good minute.

"Shall we leave? Mom will be waiting for us," she speaks in a quiet tone to shift his attention away from her as she looks away, unable to look back into his eyes that were full of love. Aaron chuckled; followed by a slight understanding nod.

"Let's go," he smiled, he lent out his hand and as a response, she simply nodded as Aaron interlinked his arm with hers.

It was a new feeling. Until yesterday, he was her friend and was only associated with her for business. Now, suddenly things have changed and he's become her fiancé. It was unexplainable for Scarlett how fast everything changed.

She found herself thinking about so many things. Surely, not everything will be the same anymore. She found herself closing her eyes for only a mere second, and taking in a sharp intake of breath, she tried to bring out a genuine smile.