And they say women are complicated.

I couldn't take it anymore. "Am I ugly?" I blurted out asking Harry. 

Harry fuzzed his eyebrows, like observing me. I didn't give him time to respond and I continued, "I mean because, when I removed my shades he .. well he got all upset and left. I mean, that must be it right? There might be no other reason and--"

Harry interrupted "Shut up Effy, you're beautiful." 

I stopped walking and stared at him. He stared back. "What?" He said. He continued walking, but I swear I saw him smirk first. 

Red streaks were forming on my cheeks. Not that I am interested in Harry, but he really knows his ways with the ladies. 

--------

I thanked Harry for bringing me back to my room. Once I entered, I flopped down on my bed. I groaned in frustration. I hope things get better tomorrow. I turned and noticed that my sister's magazine was on my bed. I couldn't help myself, I grabbed it and started snooping about the boys. Ugh, I look like an obsessed fan. No doubt they are famous, popular and talented. So far I've gathered that Niall loves eating, a lot. Zayn was the vain dude. Liam is the smooth and enticing. Harry was the effortless charming boy and the youngest one. As for Louis, he was the funny, energetic and adorable one. The article says he was the one who loves to crack jokes and to do pranks. Which makes me wonder, why did Harry said he hasn't been happy for a long time? I looked at the pictures, he really looks gleeful all the time. I put the magazine down and groaned again. Ugh, confusing world.

--------

"Wake up, the ship is about to dock Pearl Island!" Emily said as she was jumping up and down. I threw my pillow, but she ran away.

"Do get ready deary." Mom said as she walked out in her long bohemian maxi dress.

"Do I really have to?" I asked with my eyes still closed.

But she just went out of the door. I guess that's a yes. I dragged my body out of my bed and took a bath. I decided to wear an orange tank, aztec print shorts and some gladiator sandals. Okay, I think I look presentable enough for my mom. I tied my hair into a messy bun. I grabbed my bag and put in my bathing suit, just in case. 

The deck was full, people getting ready for the ship to dock and to explore this island. I made my way to the ledge, and looked down at the sea. Bad idea. I started feeling woozy again. Then and elbow nudged my rib.

"Don't tell me you are sea sick and riding a five day cruise." Harry snorted. 

"Just ... stop." I said pretending to look angry. And just on cue, the other boys started to approach. My heart started to beat faster when I saw Louis was with them. I thought that he didn't want to see me again. Our eyes met, but something was different. He lacked that spark that he had yesterday. And his face, it looks like all the energy has been drained. But I was still glad he was here. I gave him a smile, and I saw him give a tiny one back. 

For a moment, our eyes locked intensely, but then he just looked away. Niall sensed that something awkward was going between us so he said, "Jellybeans." 

Well that caught everyone's attention. "Excuse me?" I say looking whimsical at Niall. He just give me a childish grin and said, "Spur of the moment." He then trotted off to the buffet table. It's official, these guys are weird. 

The other guys also started to make their way to the buffet table, but Louis stayed put in his same position. His hands in his pockets. But he wasn't looking at me. 

"Louis I'm s--" 

"Sorry about last night Effy." He said, still not looking. "My tummy, got all messed up." That's really not convincing.