Chapter 24 - Adrenaline

****Carl's P.O.V****

When dawn came my Dad decided that it was time to move on from the truck. Emeli and I hadn't talked or touched since last night. She looked out-of-her-mind scared. I couldn't blame her either because I also was scared.

When my Dad killed that man that held me, I saw a side of him that I'd never seen before. So I've been keeping my distance from him and staying with Michonne. She was my new best friend. Emeli stayed by Daryl's side and hadn't looked at me once. But strangely, she kept space between them.

"Carl? I think you should talk to her." Michonne said knocking me from my thoughts. I sighed and shook my head.

"No." Michonne stared hard at me, "She could have been rapped!" She whispered yelled and I looked up at her. She had a point.

Images of the man that cut her clothes sickened me. It made me so mad that another man put their hands on her. She was mine. ALL MINE.ONLY MINE.

I adjusted my hat and walked over to her as she started to trail behind Daryl. That's when she noticed me.

****Emeli's P.O.V****

I was walking next to Daryl and asking him about Beth. He explained their story and her abduction. I had wished Beth was with him then I could have her to talk to. Not that I wasn't the only girl in the group.

After a while, I began to slow my pace and trail behind Daryl. That's when I saw Carl walking over to me.

Once he walked by my side he spoke, "Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Are you?" I asked him and he nodded. "That cut needs to be cleaned." I told him looking at the bloody patch.

"I'm fine." He turned his head away.

The rest of the walk was silent until we stopped at a spot in the woods. A fence was up ahead and I knew we had reached Terminus. Rick started digging a hole with the mini shovel he had in the bag of Guns. My guess was that he was going to bury it in case something went south inside.

Carl sat on a small stump nearby and I took this chance to get my hands on that scratch. I pulled my bag off my shoulder and inched my way towards him as I took my first aid kit out.

I didn't give him any warning as I pressed the cotton ball to his cheek, which resulted in him flinching away. He hissed in pain from the alcohol that was soaked inside the cotton. It was the best and only source we had with us to clean a cut.

When I went to apply the swab back to his face he grabbed my hand which caused me to flinch just as he had. His expression was hurt as I stepped away from him.

"Emeli? Emeli, I'm sorry. I'll let you clean it. Emeli? What's wrong?" He kept calling my name until I acknowledged his existence.

"I-I just... Nevermind. Let me finish." I stuttered, brushing a piece of hair from my face.

I wiped over the scratches several times then applied some crème I had found in one of the houses we cleared. That's when I noticed my hands were shaking and Carl noticed too.

"Are you sure your okay?" He asked grabbing my hand and I snatched it from his grasp.

"Stop!" I yelled at him and Rick stopped digging the hole and looked up at me. Everyone looked at me. All the attention on me sent the tube of ointment flying out of my hand as I ran away from the people I once loved. But yet somehow I feared them now.

My frenzy sent my body into an adrenaline rush and my running increased. The yells from Daryl and Carl growing fainter every second until I couldn't hear them anymore.

What am I doing? Why am I running from them? I love them... I love Carl.

Finally my feet coasted to a stop and my knees buckled as they gave way to the ground.

Oh No! What's happening? Am I having an asthma attack? Why is everything blurry?

It was almost as if history was repeating itself. Yet again, here I was laying on the ground, motionless. Except this time, everything went black and I felt abandoned.

I was all alone.

A/N: So, what do you think is happening to Emeli? Well if you want to know you HAVE to comment and answer this question: Do you vote a storyline twist? Yay or Nay?  YOU HAVE TO COMMENT FOR THE UPDATE!!!!!!