Chapter 7 - You promised

Everything was going just how I wanted it to. Beth and I had been playing with Judith all day and I hadn't seen carl much. Usually I talk to him but today was different. I was planning on meeting up with him later but first I had to do laundry.

I washed the clothes in a big pan and a hung them up on the line. Enjoying the breeze that was blowing my hair everywhere. That's when a gun shot rang through my ears and I immediately jumped up in my alert stance.

"What the hell?" I told myself as I walked over to the cell block doors. Rick came running up and so did Daryl. "Whats going on?" I asked them. "I don't know just stay here." Rick said with his hand stretched out to me as he and Daryl ran to the doors. Just as Lizzie and Mika came running out yelling. "You guys alright?" I asked as they stopped infront of me. "Yea but theres..theres walkers in there." Lizzies voice was shaking causing me to get frustrated. "Stay here!" I told them running inside. I had to make sure everyone was alright. Even if there was gunshots going off.

I ran inside and saw blood everywhere. Daryl and Rick teaming up and killing walkers up on the second level. I decided to check and make sure if the lower level was clear and ran over to the far cells in the back. I looked inside a cell at a walker that had been shot in the head. I walked to the next, opening the curtain and looking inside. Unaware that a walker was behind me.

It grabbed my shoulder causing me to turn around. When my brain finally processed what was actually happening I found myself on the ground the walker on top of me. "NO!" I screamed trying to push it away. I recognized the man, or who the walker used  to be. But I didn't know him. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yelled as if he understood what I was saying and pushed him off my legs.

I got up and started to run again but only to be pulled down again. It had grabbed my leg and now I was trying to keep him from eating my foot off. I kicked and kicked but nothing seemed to work. I only had flip flops on so even a scratch and I would be done for. By this point I was crying, everything was ending up just how I had dreamed. Down to the last detail.

I saw Daryl and Rick come running up. Daryl shooting the walker in the head as Rick pulled me up. I sighed standing up. Then it hit me. Everything in my leg stung. I looked down forcing my eyes to follow. And just as it was in my dreams I saw the perfect bit on my foot. Tears coming out of my eyes again as Daryl grabbed me just as my body was falling.

he rushed me over to a cell and laid me on a bed. I could hear Rick yelling for Hershel and Carol to come. "No! No!" I screamed over and over. It seemed like forever for Hershel to finally come. He looked at my ankle before telling Carol something as she left and came back. She got a shot out but Hershel stopped her. "There's no time." he told her as he found a surgical knife. "NO!" I screamed as he brought it to my ankle. Daryl, Rick, and Carol all holding me down. Maggie stood behind them and watched. "Please Daryl NO!" I cried trying to get out of their grip. "I'm sorry." Hershel said in a breath.

That's when I felt the worst pain in m life. The blade cutting through my ankle and the bone cracking. I started to slip in and out of consciousness . The last thing I heard was from Daryl.  "Stay with me."

*****Carl*****

I ran up to Lizzie and Mika who were crying. "What happened?" I asked them and they just shook their heads. I rubbed the back of my neck frustrated. I saw my day come walking out crying to. I ran to him. The first thing on my mind was Judith. So I asked him. "Judith she okay?" I asked him and he nodded. "Where's Emeli?" I asked him looking around for her. "Carl something happened to her okay. You just have to keep calm." he said bending down placing  a hand on my shoulder.

"What happened!? Dad please!"  I yelled at him. "She...We had to cut her foot off." he said looking in my eyes." My world came crashing down at the thought of her foot gone and how she was gonna live. I fell to the ground crying with all that I had left in me. I was broken.

After five minutes passed I was still on the ground crying. My dad had left and I saw him and the others come out. But they had Emeli, they were carrying her in a bed sheet. I jumped up to see her, but Maggie stopped me. "Carl stop." she put a hand on my chest to stop me. "Move Maggie!" I yelled at her and ran over to Emeli. She was unconscious and just like she said would happen. Her foot was gone. It was all my fault. I promised her and I failed.

*****Emeli*****

I could her everyone talking. But it was muffled so I couldn't make out what they were saying. Everything was dark. And cold. Then there was a light, and in the light I saw a figure. At first I thought the figure was an angel. But I saw their face and saw it was the face of my mother. "Mom?" I asked reaching for her. "Mom?" I asked again. Still she didn't answer. "MOM!" I screamed at her. "My child please listen." she started. "Mom take me with you." I told her still reaching. "Your not finished with your life. Your knew family needs you. That boy needs you. When I need you, you will come. But right now, they need you. They need you to come back." she smiled to me, as she walked over and kissed my forehead. "Goodbye my child." she said as she started to fade away. "Mom wait! No! No! Please stop! Please!!" I screamed.

I had woken up screaming. Standing up in my bed I looked around me. Hershel, Carol, Beth, Carl, Everyone I loved was there. "You were screaming." Beth said looking at me concerned. I didn't answer and laid back down. I looked under the covers to my now gone right foot and closed my eyes. I then looked at Carl and started to cry.  "Lets give her some space." I heard Hershel say. Everyone started to leave but Carl stayed. "Im staying." he said still looking at me. "No." I told him through tears. My voice was scratchy. "Yes" he said. "No!" I yelled at him. He got up fast causing his chair to slide back and hit the wall.

He was pissed. He stormed out of the cell as I started to cry harder. He promised. Now I die.