× S I X ×

choi maru

           When I woke up, my head didn't hurt any longer and I also think my fever had subsided for the time being. I looked around and realized that Mingyu was still beside me. He was sleeping in a really uncomfortable position, leaning his back on the head board and his head hanging on his neck, his mouth slightly opened and a tiny bit of drool peeping its way out.

I giggled silently as I carefully sat up. He must be really sensitive in his sleep as his eyes fluttered open the second I moved.

He looked lost for a second which was really adorable but as soon as he saw me, he plastered a smile.

"You okay now?" He asked and I nodded my head, returning a smile.

He reaches for my cheeks again--his palms sending heat waves towards my dermis. He leaned in and made our foreheads touch again--before I could even react--he leans away. "Your fever has gone down, Maru", as an awkward smile creeped down his face.

"Oh.." I awkwardly replied--my eyes ossilating like a pendulum looking for something less cringy.

I glanced at the ticking wall clock and realized that classes had ended two hours ago.

“I should probably go home”, I sighed.

"I should take you to your house. You still have a light fever and walking home alone is a no no." He perked up.

I thought of declining his offer since I had really been a bit of trouble for him lately but then he had a point. I was not feeling well and I didn't want to walk home alone in this kind of state.

"I don't know how to thank you anymore sunbae. You're always helping me” :)

He chuckled as he ruffled my hair in the process. "It's nothing Maru, don't worry about it."

We stood up and were about to leave the clinic when I noticed something.

"Sunbae, that’s the thermometer over there, why didn't you use it earlier?" I asked curiously.

He let out a nervous laugh, his hands reaching for his nape to scratch it.

"Ha ha ha ha. I-I didn't k-know it was there? Yeah yeah. That's r-right, I didn't realize it earlier." He reasoned awkwardly. I just shrugged it off with a nose fart and nodded.

--

"Yah!" I whipped my head only to find Seulgi behind me. I was getting some books at the moment from my locker when she called me.

"What is it?" I asked as I closed my locker and locked it.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're going out with Mingyu sunbae?" She accused and I looked at her weirdly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, where did that rumor come from?

"Well, almost all the students here are talking about Mingyu sunbae walking you to your house a few times already." She explained.

"He did accompany me to walk home but there's nothing going on between us. Really." I answered but Seulgi was still staring at me with those suspicious eyeballs.

--we started walking making our way through the crowded hallways along with  everyone having a different destination in mind--

"Okay, but tell me. What do you think about Mingyu sunbae?" She asks, nudging me in my ribs.

Why would she ask me that? She of all people should already know that I'm not interested with things that are associated with boys, crushes, and boys. Did I already mention boys?

I don't know why but that question made me feel queasy, like my stomach's churning in a very weird but nice way.

--What do I think about Mingyu sunbae?--

"We'll he's a nice guy. I guess?" I answered

"That's it?! Are you serious?" Seulgi questioned in disbelief.

"Well that's the answer to the question you are looking for.”

"But don't you like him?..I mean just look at him! He's a literal prince charming!"

I looked at her weirdly. "Well he's nice so I guess, I do like him. But not in the way you're thinking."

She rolled her eyes as we finally entered our designated room.

"Ugh. I don't know about you, but I bet he's really into you."

"That's the most impossible thing I have ever heard. Ever."

Seulgi just laughed at me as she sat down on her seat. I figured out that there was no winning against her so I just remained silent and waited for the teacher.

As I waited, I was left only with Seulgi and I's conversation earlier buzzing in my mind.

--What do I think about Mingyu sunbae? Who is he in my life? What do I feel about him?--

-------Does he have feelings for me?-----

I unknowingly shook my head. I am not supposed to think like that. Mingyu sunbae won't like me. He doesn't like me. He's just being nice, y-yeah.

I mean, just look at me. No one acknowledges my presence except from Seulgi. That's right. He doesn't like me and he was just being nice because I'm pathetic and pitiful. That's right.

I was so -lost- in my thoughts, I didn't realize that the bell had already rung, indicating lunch time.

"Ya! Maru!" Seulgi nudged me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry. Let's go?" I stood up and led the way out of the classroom.

We were walking side by side in the hallway that led to the cafeteria when someone shouted my name.

"Maru!" I instantly turned and realized that it was Mingyu sunbae. He was waving and had a goofy smile plastered on his face. I felt my cheeks redden.

He started making his way towards me and Seulgi and I noticed how the students around us fuzz about it.

"Are they dating?"

"Gosh, I didn't know they knew each other."

"I heard Mingyu sunbae is often seen with her after school."

"My friend saw them at Maru's house, I bet they did 'it' already."

My eyes began to sting as I hold my tears back from spilling. Seulgi brought her hands to sooth my back in comfort.

I clenched my fist, my lips quivering. I didn't want it to be like this. I didn't want to be there. I wanted to run away and hide. So I did.

I didn't wait for Mingyu sunbae anymore, I ran. I escaped. I disappeared.

I didn't want to go back when people are still talking about me.

It's funny how people ignore you but the minute you've done something that interests them, that’ll create drama,  they'll gossip about you. They spread things about you. Then the next thing you know, they've already destroyed you.

--

Next chapter will be uploaded after 35 votes and 18 comments! Be patient guys, I'll stop the vote and comment goals once we've reached Chapter 10. Please don't forget to add this story on your reading list and you may also recommend this book to your wattpad buddies. Thank you!

×mintywoo