× T W O ×

choi maru

I woke up with my head aching. Once my vision adjusted, I realized that I was inside the school's clinic.

I groaned as I sat up, my head still feeling heavy. "Oh, you're finally awake!" I flinched and figured that it was the boy who let me borrow his umbrella yesterday.

"Are you fine now?" He asks, "Well, not really. My head still aches a bit" I answered.

"I'm really sorry for what happened earlier, we were playing recklessly and ended up hurting you" He sincerely apologizes.

I gave him a small smile, "It's alright. It's just an accident anyway".

"No, let me get back to you. How about I'll walk you home instead?"

I was flushed with his offer. "N-no, that would be very unnecessary." I decline.

He pouted in disappointment and I swear that was the most adorable sight I've ever seen.

I bit my lip in guilt, "Okay, I'll let you".

"Really?!" I was surprised when he suddenly grab both of my hands making my cheeks burn in the process.

I immediately pry my hands away from him in embarrassment and he scratches his nape.

We stayed there in an awkward silence, then he cleared his throat. "W-we should get going then before it gets late" He stated not meeting my gaze.

I get off the bed and we both walk out from the clinic.

As the both of us walk through the corridor, I just realized how empty it was since classes ended an hour ago.

"Oh right!" He suddenly exclaimed making me flinch in surprise. He's weird.

"I still didn't know your name." He turns to me. I wasn't able to ask for his name yesterday.

"It's Maru, Choi Maru".

"What a cute name. Sounds like a Japanese name." He looks like he was really amused by my name.

"It's because I'm half-japanese" I reasoned and he gaped in understanding.

"Wow. That's cool!" He exclaimed.

"Mine's Mingyu, Kim Mingyu!" He says, smiling at me with his flashing canines.

"That's not a common name but it's nice" I said trying to compliment his name. Well it doesn't sound like I complimented him, but it's the best that I can say. I'm not really good with words.

"You're right" He smiles, his cheeks tinge in pink as he scratches his nape.

Mingyu and I walked through the streets side by side. I've never walked home with anyone else other than Seulgi before. This is the first time I've walked home with a different companion.

"So, you're a junior. Right?" Mingyu asked, I looked up at him because of his towering height. He's really tall.

"Yes, I am. What about you?"

"I'm a senior"

So he's a year older than me. He's a sunbae. Maybe that's why I don't see him at school because the senior's building is located at the back of our building and I don't really like exploring other year's building.

"Should I call you sunbae then?" I asked.

He grins and shakes his head for a no. "But calling me oppa will be fine".

"W-what?!" I blushed and was surprised, how can he let me call him that when we just met yesterday and just knew each other's name today?

He laughs, "Your reaction is just too cute, Maru". It made my cheeks burn redder.

"Calling you that would be unnecessary, sunbae" I glared at him.

"I'm just kidding, no need to be stingy" He laughs once more and it made me a little irritated, I don't like being made fun of.

"How unpleasant" I muttered.

"Cute" He stated as he pats my head lightly.

I looked down in embarrassment, I feel my cheeks heat up and my stomach tingling in a way that I never felt before.

"W-we're here" I said, mentally slapping myself for being so awkward.

He scanned my house, "Wow. Your house is really nice". As he said those words there's a glint in his eyes that tells me that he's carrying something heavy inside of him.

Somehow, I feel like wanting to ask him but I restrained myself and stayed silent. I don't want to get involved, I don't want to be attached.

"Thanks, I'll be going in now sunbae"

He nodded and flashes me his captivating smile, "Okay! I'll see you tomorrow!" He waves his hand then left right after.

Shoot! I forgot to return his umbrella. I ran back to our front but unfortunately, Mingyu's gone already.

How come he always disappear so fast. I sighed and went back inside the house.

"Oh dad, you're back early" Dad gave me a tired smile as he took off his shoes.

"Yeah. They let me get off from work early so I can start packing my things".

I stared at him in confusion, "Packing for what?" I asked.

"The company is sending me off to China to handle the company's branch over there". So he'll be leaving me.

Dad must've noticed my saddened expression so he patted my shoulders, trying to comfort me.

"I'll only be gone for a short while Maru. I promise that I'll be back soon as I resolve things in China. Okay?" He assured and though I don't want him to leave, I nodded.

"I'm okay Dad. I'll be fine on my own" I smiled then excused myself to prepare our dinner.

That night, I held back my tears and slept with an uneasy heart.

---

Next chapter will be published after 15 votes and 8 comments.

×mintywoo