× T H R E E ×

choi maru

          I woke up with the sound of my phone alarm. After turning it off, I get off my bed and did my morning routine.

When I went to the living room, I saw my Dad fiddling on his phone with his luggage behind him.

"Dad" I called and he turns to me.

"You're leaving already?" He nodded with a weak smile.

"I'm sorry Maru, I hope you understand that I'm only doing this for your own sake" Dad says as he hugs me.

I hugged him back and like last night, I held back my tears. I'm strong, I can handle myself.

"It's alright dad. I understand, I'll always will" I answered.

We pulled back away from each other and Dad patted my head like he always did. "I'll be going now, take care of yourself okay?" I nodded and smiled.

"Yes, I will. You too Dad!" I waved as he left the house.

"Hey Maru, you alright?" Seulgi nudged me making me startled. I didn't realized that I was spacing out.

"Y-yeah. I'm all good." Seulgi looked at me in disbelief.

"I know there's something bothering you, what is it?"

"There's none. Really." I assured, not meeting her eyes. Seulgi sighed in defeat.

"Fine, I won't ask anymore but tell when you're ready. Okay? I'm your friend, you don't have to keep it to yourself." I smiled and nodded my head.

Seulgi is such a good, no, scratch that. She's a great friend. Sometimes, I think how undeserving I am to be her friend.

The bell rang indicating that it is time for our lunch break. Seulgi excused herself because she needs to deal with something in the student council since she's a part of it.

I went to the rooftop with my lunch box. When I'm alone here is where I go. It's really nice up here since it's really quiet and students don't usually go here. So, I could say that this is my place.

I sat at the shade beside the wall and started eating my lunch peacefully.

It's not that I like being alone, it's just that I've been alone for so long that I have gotten comfortable with it.

Not always, but somehow I've accepted how being alone affects me negatively and positively.

I was startled when the door suddenly opened and a group of loud boys came out.

I was too shocked to think of what I must do.

Their laughter died down as soon as they noticed me.

"Maru?!" I just realized that Mingyu is one of them and somehow that made me feel relieved.

"H-hey" I awkwardly answered. His lips lit up in a very adorable smile like he's glad to see me.

One of his friends nudged him, "Ya! Introduce us" Mingyu rolled his eyes and motioned the boys to sit across me.

I feel really intimidated since they're a level higher than me and they're all boys. I'm not good with boys.

"Guys, this is Maru. She's a hoobae that I just met a few days ago" Mingyu starts.

"Sup! I'm Hansol, we're the same year but I'm from a different section". The boy who I assumed is a half-korean and American beamed.

"I'm Seungcheol! I'm a sophomore from the college department" The matured looking guy said. Wow, it's rare for someone from the college department to be here in our building.

He stretched out his hands for a handshake and I dumbly looked at Mingyu, somehow Seungcheol being the eldest here makes me scared.

Mingyu smiled at me and whispered that it was fine so I shook Seungcheol's hand in return. I feel like a kid.

"I'm Wonwoo" The boy who nudged Mingyu earlier continued, so he's Wonwoo. He looks scary too. His eyes are like a fox's. I think I'm getting paranoid. I've never been able to talk with boys that are these many and to add up the fact that two of them are higher years.

I gave all of them a kind smile as I think on how I'm going to finish my lunch.

---

I'll post the next chapter after 20 votes and 10 comments!

×mintywoo