The sky was barely starting to change color, just the slightest bit of light was visible. It was light blue, lighter than the regular sky blue, an almost icy blue to match the air.

It was different being outside watching the sunrise than it was being inside. Inside, it was warm and the window protected you from the cold morning air. You could wrap yourself in a blanket and watch the battle between light and dark in you windowsill, all the morning sounds going unheard. But outside, the cold air surrounds your body and seeps into your clothes. When you breathe in, it smells fresh and clean and it almost smells cold. It's refreshing to be somewhere other than the comfort of your own home, watching the sky change colors.

"What are you staring at the sky for?" Matty asked.

I could feel his eyes on me.

"I like to watch the sun rise. Look"

I point towards the bits of orange starting to swirl into the icy blue and black. He turns his head toward the sky and I turn my head to watch him, waiting to see how he reacts. I've never had someone watch the sunrise with me before. It's always just been me.

I can see him focusing on the different colors, trying to take it all in.

"I've never watched the sun rise before. It's beautiful." He says without looking at me.

I hum in agreement, looking back at the sky.

The black was nearly gone now, the blue had taken over and pink covered the small clouds dotting the sky. Orange was the most prominent color out of all the different shades mixed in with each other.

"I've watched the sunset nearly every morning for the past 8 years." I said.

"Really?" He questioned.

I nodded.

"It's never the same picture. It changes so fast, you look away for a second and it's a completely different scene."

"Wow." He's pauses for a moment. "Why have you been watching the sunrise for the last 8 years?"

"I've always liked it, I guess." I lied.

The truth is, it was an escape from my sad reality. Staring up at the color changing sky gave me inspiration to write, where I could live whatever life I wanted to and get out everything in my mind. It helped me relax and let me calm myself when nothing else could.

"I can see why."

Around 8 o'clock we went back downstairs. Most people had left after the party ended, but there were a few unknown people left asleep on the floor.

Matty and I went into the kitchen and began making coffee, knowing everyone would need it once they came to. Including us.

I had coffee before, sometimes when I'd make it for my father I'd take some without him noticing. I liked it, and coffee sounded perfect after a night where alcohol replaced sleep.

We stood in the kitchen where George was previously cuddled up to a bottle of booze and drank our coffees in silence, enjoying the contrast of the warm liquid compared to the outside air.

Adam was the first to come stumbling in, holding his head with a pained expression. Without a word, I poured him a mug of coffee and he accepted it gratefully, drinking it quickly.

"How long have you two been awake?" He asked, lensing on the opposite counter.

"We haven't slept." Matty replied.

Adam nodded and it was silent again.

Not long after, Ross and George trailed in, the rest of the strangers having gone home.

"Morning, sleepyheads." Adam said with a smirk.

They both ignored him and I handed the two of them a mug of now barely warm coffee. George complained about his head, while Ross was silently willing his headache to go away.

"What a bunch of suckers." Matty nudged me with his elbow.

They were all engaged in a conversation that I had no part of being in, so I went to look for the bathroom to wash myself up.

Looking into the mirror, there were bags under my eyes that were very visible. My hair was a mess and I looked downright exhausted. Combing my fingers through my hair, I managed to make it look at least a little better than before. I splashed cold water on my face to help wake me up, and went back towards the kitchen.

The house was scattered with litter, a piece of rubbish on every surface. It looked a lot like how my father left the house, and if it were my house, I'd start cleaning it.

George walked up next to me and looked around at the mess.

"I see you found Matty." He said.

I nodded.

"Yeah. After I ran upstairs to be sick, he followed and we stayed up all night talking."

George laughed.

"I can tell. He seems to be all buddy-buddy with you now. " He nudged my side like Matty had done before.

"Shut up." I said, pushing him away.

It went quiet.

"You were insane last night. You're the loud kind of drunk." He chuckled.

I held my head in my hands.

"Oh no, what did I do?"

"Well, you got drinks a lot. And by a lot, I mean a lot."

"That explains why I was so sick."

It was quiet again.

"I'll go get the boys to help me clean this up."