Four. A Lifelong Dream

A

Be calm. You'll figure something out. Just wait until your alone to freak out.

My father sat at his desk with a scrutinizing gaze. "Well?" He ushered me on and I took a deep breath.

"I-I haven't thought of anything as of yet." He was getting ready to yell, so I held my hand up, a real death wish. "But, I promise you I'll come up with something by the end of the day."

My words seems to disarm him and I sighed in relief. "Very well then." He said, his computer gaining his attention once again. "Don't disappoint."

I pathetically bowed my head. "Y-yes, of course Sir." I left as quickly and with as much grace I could muster, walking past the assistant desks, I only made brief eye contact with Marinette before darting in the room.

Work has been a smudge awkward, no thanks to me. I was just so overwhelmed, knowing that someone so kind could struggle so much.

I mean, that woman out there does her work with dignity, but we both know well by now that if she had just kept with her internship, or just stuck around the fashion scene, she would very well have her own spot in the fashion industry.

But here she is, an assistant for an Agreste.

"We have yet to set in motion ideas about promo season for the fall, I assure you thought of some ideas." I can't ever seem to escape my father's berating tone.

I mean there's not exactly major motion pictures that everyone is excited for at the moment, so we can't build off of that hype.

Today's youth are being over run with aggressive hiphop, which doesn't exactly fit the Agreste image.

"Adrien, you gotta stop switching your email around when I'm not looking." Marinette spoke through the intercom. "As much as I'd love to believe you won tickets from a Jagged Stone contest, I'm 100% certain he hasn't performed in years."

"Sorry, must've missed clicked, besides, it keeps you on your toes." Teasing came with ease.

Jagged Stone contest, wouldn't that be something. If there were such a thing kids, teens and adults would be going nuts.

A contest.

"Marinette?!?" I hit the intercom and I heard her squeak through the door.

"What did I tell you about yelling?" She whisper yelled.

"Schedule a meeting with my father before the day is over."

"Sure thing Mr. Agreste."

I sighed. "Marinette."

"A-Adrien, sure thing Adrien."

••••
M

"A contest." I sat back in shock after reading the article. I fumbled with my phone hitting the first number in my emergency contacts.

"Hey girl, I was just about to call yo-"

"They're hosting a contest." I uttered. "Agreste enterprises is hosting a contest to have a collection featured for their fall line." I was out of breath from hyperventilating.

"Wait what, I'm going to the website. Breathe Marinette."

"I CAN'T BREATHE THIS IS MY LIFELONG DREAM STARING ME RIGHT IN THE FACE." I gasped. "Could you imagine the doors this will open?"

"Mari?" She said my name in an unsure way. "Have you read the rules?"

"Oh, not yet." I clicked on the terms and conditions, my eyes skimming over a longly worded list.