9 || birthday blues

Start from the beginning

"She sounds nice. I just hope she is" I said.

"Do she got any straight friends. Like hook a brother up" Qamar said rubbing his hands together.

"Yeah no, she had like two friends and they both transitioned from female to male and you are not their type."

Qamar huffed and got up. "Whatever man, look I'm about to head out, Mara you coming?"

"Nah, I told Mama Yala I'd stay the night and help her with her wigs."

"That sounds boring. I'll see you tomorrow Yae"

"Alright Q."

After he was gone, I got off of Mara and onto my bed. She rolled onto her back and picked up her phone and scrunched her face up.

"What?"

"This lil video Amir got posted. I swear, she so damn dumb" she passed me her phone and I watched the video of her stealing some bodies hubcaps from their tires. (I had video, but watt pad being funny and won't let me post it.)

I shrugged. "I don't see the problem. Some one stole hers"

"But she also could have bought some from Walmart the was $25"

I shook my head her. If you haven't noticed any thing that Amir say and do, Mara is irked and I don't know why. When I first met them, they were the best of friends.

"Why don't you like Amir?"

"It's just the stuffs she says and does and she hangs around these groups of girls that like to steal and shit. It just ain't cool and I only try to tolerate her cause you talk to her."

"You don't have to be around when I do talk to her."

"Nah, I have to. I have to make sure she does not try you"

I smiled. Mara is more like my sister now. She has my back always.

Markian

I walked around the backyard making sure the pool was clean for Yael's party. The movie projector was up and looking great. He may be 17 today but he still loves his pool and movies.

Yala was in the kitchen finishing the last of his food. He asked for a feast and that made her happy hasn't been eating like he should and he asked for all of this.

My phone went off and it was shooter.

"What's up man" I asked answering the phone and set the pool net down.

"Look Giulio is looking for you. He said some thing  about business. You want me to give him your number."

I cursed under my breath. I forgot about that. I looked around making sure none of my kids and Yala was around. "Yeah, but have him call me at midnight. I'm dealing with Yael's party."

"I got you man and tell the lil nigga I said happy birthday"

"Alright." I hung up and slid my phone back into my shorts.

We aren't supposed to be giving out all of our numbers to others. But what I really got going on. I can do what I want.

"Kian are the tables set up so I can bring out all the food?" Yala yelled out to me.