35: Matt is the Hottest Boy on Earth

Matt's POV

Jack Gilinsky and Jack Johnson were at my house again. They were pretty cool people and I liked hanging out with them. They knew that Madilyn was my best friend and sometimes they would ask me to tell her to come over when they were over. I already knew Madilyn would say no, so I didn't try it.

They were at my house right now and we were in my backyard playing with a football. Jacob Whitesides and Carter Reynolds were here too, they're two of my other good friends besides Cameron, Nash, Taylor and Shawn. I felt like I needed to hangout with other people lately because we were constantly fighting for some reason. I don't want to say it, but I think that reason was Madilyn.

Jack Johnson collapses onto the grass and let's out a puff of air. "I can't run anymore." he breathes, sweat glistening from his body under the sun. The rest of us stop throwing the football around and fall onto the ground too. None of us have our shirts on because it was so hot today, especially with the sun shining so bright on this hot summer day.

"It's freaking hot today." Carter says as he wipes sweat from his forehead.

"We should go swimming," I say and that causes them to jump up and run over to my pool. I laugh and trail behind, not feeling like running. They're already on the other side of my yard and I'm all the way behind, stopping because I hear someone call my name.

"Matthew!" I hear and turn around, surprised to see Madilyn here. She looks... really pretty today. She's wearing black shorts and a plain white tank top and her hair is in a messy pony tail, a few strands hanging loose and she has a pair of sunglasses on to hide her brown eyes.

"Hey Madilyn, why are you so happy today?" I say sarcastically, smiling at her. I don't know why she's mad but it's kind of cute how she stomped over to me, trying to look angry.

"What are they doing here?" She nods her head over to where the rest of the boys are. They don't notice us from here but if they looked over they would be able to see us.

"Who? Gilinsky and Johnson?" I ask and she just rolls her eyes and sets her hand on her hip. She's being sassy today, how cute.

"Yes, Gilinsky and Johnson," She glares at me, I can even tell through her sunglasses. "Why would you want to hangout with them?"

"I already explained it to you, they're cool. You should just forgive them,"

"Forgive them? Matt, are you kidding me?!" she almost screeches, causing me to just laugh. "It's not funny! I-"

"I think this heat is putting you in a bad mood, how about you go for a swim?" I grin, and she opens her mouth to say something but a scream comes out when I lift her over my shoulder and carry her towards the pool.

"Matthew Lee Espinosa put me down right now!" she screams, punching my butt which makes me laugh even harder. "Matt please don't!"

"What's that?" I joke, nearing the pool as she continues to scream. The other four boys are staring at us now, the Jacks a little surprised to see Madilyn.

"Matthew!" she whines and I'm standing on the deck now, right in front of the pool. "Matt, please please please don't..." she holds onto my legs for dear life as I'm about to throw her in.

"Say that Matthew is the hottest boy on earth," I call down to her and she doesn't speak for a moment.

"But then I would be lying to you.." she giggles, thinking she's funny.

"That didn't help your case at all honey." I laugh and the other boys are laughing now.

"C'mon Matt, don't throw her in." Jacob tries to help Madilyn even though he doesn't even know who she is.

"Do it!" Johnson calls and I just laugh, setting her down on her feet. I can't do that to her, she has her phone in her pocket and if I threw her in while she had it, she would cry and never talk to me again.

As soon as I set her down, she pushes me into the pool. The boys start cracking up and when I come back up, I glare at her. Carter high-fives her and she smiled proudly, sticking her tongue out at me. "Nicely played, but I'll get you back." I laugh, splashing some water at her and she squeals, jumping away from it.

"So what are you doing here?" I ask her from where I am in the pool. She takes a seat in one of the lawn chairs and begins to talk to all of us. Her and the Jacks didn't exactly make up, but I don't think they needed to because they were acting like best friends now.

"Nash sent me over here to ask you if you were mad at him," She answers me, "but I wasn't going to do that. I just came because I wanted to." she smiles. It makes me happy that she actually hangs out with me without me asking her every time.

"Why did he want to know if I was mad?" I ask her.

She shrugs, "You haven't been hanging out with them lately."

I start to think about it as I get out of the pool and lay next to Madilyn on another chair. She's right, I have kind of been ignoring the four of them.

"I'm dating Shawn," Madilyn blurts out randomly and I look over to her slowly. She's biting her lip and looking away from me. "Sorry, I just thought you should know.. because you're my best friend..."

"Oh..." I say slowly as she looks back over to me. I crack a small smile to cover the pain I'm really feeling. It finally hits me that I'll never have a chance with her. Maybe I should push away all of the feelings I have for her, knowing it's never going to happen between us. But it just hurts because I've felt this for her since the day she came here, it's too hard to forget now... but I guess I have to. "Well I'm happy for you."

She smiles at me. "Thanks Matt."

"You're welcome." I look away from her as Jack Gilinsky comes back from the pool, also sitting in one of the chairs.

"So, you have a boyfriend now?" he says, and I feel the tension. Anyone could tell there was a past between these two. Sometimes I feel like Madilyn even still likes him that way. I know Jack likes her because he told me.

"Yup." she replies blankly and I laugh under my breath.

It does hurt that she's dating Shawn, but for some odd reason.. I have a gut feeling they aren't going to last.

.

HEYYYYY GUUUYYYSSSS.

SO HERE IS A CHAPTER OF MATT FOR YOU BECAUSE I KNOW THERE ARE SOME MATTLYN SHIPPERS OUT THERE 😉

OKay, I know I ask this a lot, but now that Madilyn is ACTUALLY dating one of them, who do you ship the most? you could even say Madilyn and Jack if you want.

I promise this is the last time I will ask until the chapter before the last chapter, which isn't for a while 😊