18: You are So Pretty

Cameron's POV

"Do you see them anywhere?" Matthew asks me in a whisper, the both of us with our menus held in front of our faces, just below our eyes so we could still see. We didn't want Madilyn and Taylor to see us, you know if they were even here.

"No." I tell him, looking for a pink bandana anywhere or long brown hair that belonged to Madilyn.

"Are you sure they're even going to be here?" Matt asks again, clearly annoyed.

Yes, Matt and I are spying on Madilyn and Taylor while they're on their date. We both agreed it was just because we were bored and we were Madilyn's friends, so we wanted to make sure that Taylor didn't hurt her. Because let's face it, Taylor can never keep a serious relationship. I don't know about Matt, but I was lying when I said why we should spy.

"Yeah, I'm sure of it." I tell him.

Taylor's POV

"Where are we going?" Madilyn asks me from the passenger seat. While we were driving down the road, I realized something.

What I realized was that I love the feeling of this. I love Madilyn sitting in the passenger seat of my car with the window down, my sunglasses on, and me stealing glances at her as I drive wherever we want to go. I wish it could be like this all the time. I have never felt this before, and it scares me but at the same time I love it.

"Everywhere and anywhere." I answer her and she turns her head back to look at me.

"And what does that mean?" She quirks an eyebrow and I laugh at her.

"It means that... I don't know. It just sounded cool in my head."

She giggles at me and lifts the sunglasses up so they sit on her head and her brown eyes are exposed. "Seriously though. Where are we going?"

"What color banana do you think would match your outfit?" I ask her, ignoring her question on purpose. She gives me an odd look, but answers my question anyway.

"Uh... Probably red?" She says and I nod, opening the glovebox with one hand and the other on the steering wheel. I have about ten bandanas in there, just in case. I pull out my red one and hand it to her.

"Put it on."

She doesn't question it, she just starts to put it on in a different way that I put mine on. She ties it in the front so it's like a headband, but the ties are in front. She looks amazing.

"So perfect," I mumble to myself but I think Madilyn heard me because she blushed.

Her phone buzzes on her lap and she looks down at it. I can't help but feel like it's Shawn or Matt or Cameron. Most-likely Shawn because he's the only one I can tell likes her. The other two are just confusing. Speaking of Cam and Matt, they're idiots. They actually believed I was taking Madilyn to that Chinese restaurant.  I just told them that because I knew they would do something stupid like spy on us or something. Little did they know that we wouldn't be there at all.

Matthew's POV

"Did she reply?" I ask Cameron. He nods just as my phone buzzes. It was Madilyn. "Me too."

"What did she say?" Cam asks me. The two of us may have come up with the plan to text Madilyn over and over again during her date. We aren't even ashamed.

"Well I say 'what's up?' And she said 'in the car, why'" I tell Cameron, reading my phone.

"I asked her where she was going and she said she didn't know." We look at each other confused and just keep texting her. If she's going to be with Taylor she can at least think about me when she's with him. Wait that's so selfish and just.. Wow. Do I really like her that much?

Taylor's POV

"Who are you texting?" I finally ask her. We were still driving but we were almost there. She has been texting someone this whole time. She still talks to me, but she's on her phone while she does.

"Uh... Nobody anymore." She tells me and clicks the top button on her phone, tossing it into her purse thing. "Sorry." She smiles and pokes me in the arm, making me smile too.

"Okay, well we're here." I tell her with a big smile on my face. I parked by the beach, mostly by the peer where all the little stores and shops were. It was getting darker, and it was that point in the day where the sun is going down.

"How come I didn't know this part of town existed?" She asks when we get out of the car, coming around to meet in front of my car. "It's so pretty.."

"Yeah you are," I smile, then realize what I just said and cough awkwardly. "I mean.. Um, yeah. Yeah it is."

She covers her blush with a quiet laugh and I slip her hand into mine. Her hand is almost half the size of mine I find it adorable. "Is that a Ferris wheel..?" Madilyn asks me, using her free hand to point in the distance.

"Yeah. Want to go on it later?" I ask even though I hate that ride.

"Hell no. I hate that thing." She says. Thank God.

"Me too." I laugh and start pulling her towards where all the shops are. Everything looks so pretty and cool with different color lights and the water in the background. Taking Madilyn here was a good idea.

Well, at first it was. Until what happened after that.

.

I forgot to update yesterday Like I said I would oops lol

For a quicker update, comment what you think happens next? ;)