39: Someone Had to Tell Her

Madilyn's POV

After Matt and I went up to his room, I went on and on to him about how I don't think I like Shawn as much as I thought. I felt bad, but I just had to get it out. And who is better to tell than Matt? I talked for a good ten minutes, ranting about how Shawn expected me to say the words right away. Finally, I think Matt had enough, because he let out a loud sigh. I looked at him. "Sor-" I start to apologize but I'm cut off my him quickly pressing his lips to mine.

My eyes widen and I go to push him away, but he almost starts begging me. "Please, Madilyn, just let me kiss you.. for once. Please," he mumbles against my lips, and I don't do anything for a second. Finally, I close my eyes and start to kiss him back, relaxing into the kiss.

This is so weird, but at the same time it's not. If I said I've never thought of Matt as more than a friend, I would be lying.

The fact that I was cheating on Shawn didn't actually hit me until the door swung open, and the two of us jumped back away from each other. We both looked towards his bedroom door to see Taylor, looking shocked and a little bit angry.

"The fuck? Seriously?!" He exclaims, and I look over to Matt but he avoids my gaze. "What, did you and Shawn break up?"

"Um.. not exactly?" I respond quietly, looking away from him. I honestly can't believe myself..

He scoffs. "Of course not. You're cheating on Shawn, why am I not surprised?"

Wow. That hurt just a little.. or a lot. "I'm going to go." I speak through gritted teeth as I stand up. I don't bother saying bye to Matt as I brush past Taylor, purposely bumping my shoulder against his. I speed down the stairs and I hear someone follow me, but I don't wonder which one of them it is. I run outside and speed walk down the sidewalk.

"Madilyn stop!" I hear Taylor's voice call and I know he's going to catch up to me, so I stop walking and just stand there. I wait until he catches up to me, and my eyes start to burn with tears. This is all too much.

"What the hell, Madilyn. How long have you and Matt-"

"Stop! I get it okay? You tell me every single day... even though you don't actually say the words, you still like to remind me how much of a slut I am." My voice starts to shake and I look away from him before I start crying. I just don't get it. When I lived with my dad, things were completely different. There was only one boy that would ever have feelings for me in a lifetime, and that was Jack Gilinsky. And now four boys are after me? Not only that, but these are four attractive, funny, amazing, cute boys that want to be with me. I don't get it because I'm awkward, weird, and shy at times and I could probably never get a boyfriend but now I have one, and three others trying to be one too.

"Someone has to tell you, Madilyn," Taylor says, reaching over and grabbing my hand, "you can't keep doing what you're doing. You're messing with all of our feelings. If you want to be with Shawn, don't cheat on him and kiss Matt. I know how it feels, because I thought you truly had feelings for me once too. There's four of us Madilyn and you can only pick one, or none."

His words hit me, and they hit me hard. For once, Taylor actually makes sense. He's right, it's one of them.. or none of them.

.

Taylor drives me home, and when I get there I go straight to Nash's room. I need to talk to him and get some brotherly advice.. even though he sucks at advice it still helps.

Hopefully Cameron isn't at our house again, no offense to him or anything but I just need to talk to Nash.

"Thanks for taking me home.." I say when we pull into my driveway, unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Think about what I said." He says, and I just nod and turn to open the door. Before I open it, something pops into my head.

"Oh! I forgot, I have something for you." I tell him before digging through my purse and pulling out his red bandana that he made me wear when we went on our 'date.' "I forgot to give this back to you.. and I figured you wanted it back."

He smiles sadly, looking at the bandana in my hand. "You can keep it. It looks good on you."

"Oh.. okay." I give him a small smile and put it back in my bag before getting out of his car.

I walk into my house, my mom was supposed to be getting home from work in about an hour, Sky was napping on the couch while Hayes was watching tv.

"Hey Mads." Hayes says and I just sigh as a reply. "What's wrong with you?"

"Just stuff that you probably don't care about. Where's Nash?"

"Outside with Cam." He replies and I groan loudly. "What, I thought you liked Cameron?" Hayes laughs as I plop on the couch.

"Eh." I mutter and he laughs harder, causing me to giggle quietly too.

"I thought you liked me too.." Cameron appears in the doorway suddenly, and we both stop laughing. Oh... I thought he was outside..

"Cam-" I don't finish because he turns back around and goes outside again.

.

Didn't get 50 comments on the last chapter but that's okkk.

THIS STORY MAY OR MAY NOT BE ALMOST OVER, BUT THERE IS GOING TO BE A SEQUEL SO ;)

PLEASE comment! :)