15

Today, I felt awesome. Like a huge boulder was being lifted from my shoulders. Alex can finally live his life without any worries. He'll still have diabetes, but I'm not focused on that right now. I actually got my school work done today.

At dismissal, Nixon and Sam are standing by the doors, I'm guessing waiting for me.

"Hey" Nixon smiles.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"We were planning a party for Alex, for when he comes back home at my house" Sam says.

"Party?" Ian asks.

"Yea, a little welcome home party" Nixon says.

"I'm in" Max smiles.

"Me too" I smile.

"The surgery is Friday and so is the party, that gives us two days. I'm bringing the food, Jax is bringing drinks. Nixon is gonna pick him up" Sam says.

"I'll do decorations" I smile.

"Ian and I will... What will we do?"

"You'll help me, we should go shopping today. What are his favorite colors?" I ask.

"Red and blue" Nixon says.

"Let's go" Ian says.

Max rides with me and Ian rides in his car to a near by party store. I get red and blue streamers along with some candles and red balloons. I arrive home and I set all the decorations down on the living room table.

"You guys went shopping for the party?" Vicky ask walking down the steps.

"Yea, what were you assigned?" Max asks.

"I'm picking him up with Nixon" Vicky walks over looking at the decorations.

"You guys did good"

"We know" Max smiles.

Today is the day before the party and everyone is over doing their jobs. We were setting it up in Sam's living room while her parent's were out on vacation for two weeks in Hawaii with her little sister. Sam didn't wanna go.

"Looks good" I sigh. We all rest on the couches.

"It better, we spent five hours baking the cake, and setting everything up" Jax sighs.

"We should get going" Nixon stands checking the time on his phone. Vicky grabs her keys off off of the living room table and they head out.

"I can't wait to see him" I smile.

"Patience" Max smiles.

Time goes by. I check my phone to see three missed calls from Nixon and that they were an hour late.

"Where are they?" Sam asks. I call Nixon back and he immediately answers the phone.

"Get down here now" The call ends...

"Was that them?" Jax asks.

"It was Nixon, he said we need to get their, now" Ian drives us to the hospital and we run into Alex's room to see him lying in bed connected to one of those beeping machines. Everyone surrounds him.

"What's the problem?" I ask.

"He had the surgery, but he won't wake" Ms. Whitman starts crying.

"Doctor why isn't he waking!" I yell. The machine stops beeping.

"What the hell! Why did it stop!" Mr. Whitman yells.

Doctors move in pushing us all aside. They use a defibulater on his chest, it looks like they're trying to revive him, but then they just stop trying.

"Is he dead!" Nixon yells.

"I'm sorry, the damage was too great, there was too great, the was nothing we could do"

"Fucking bullshit" Nixon runs his hands through his hair freaking out.

His dad sighs and his mom starts crying and they step out. Max gasps putting one hand over his mouth. Ian holds Max as he starts to cry, so does Sam. Nixon only sheds one tear. I just stand there in shock, trying to process what just happened.

"No" I gasp. I run up to him sobbing in his arms.

"Rose, stop" Jax pulls me away from his limp lifeless body.

"Get, THE FUCK OFF ME!" I yank away falling onto the ground crying my eyes out.