Why are you so fucking morbid?

Start from the beginning

“Oh you'll be fine, Brady is one of the best riders in our family. I'm better, but that's beside the point,” Macy interrupted her, throwing me a smug smile. Pushing her on the shoulder, I flipped her off.

“Quick question,” we turned back towards her, “what am I doing here?”

“You don't remember?” I asked her, and she shook her head no.

“You passed out on one of the couches downstairs. Brady brought you up here,” Macy replied, giving her an amused smile. Porter's eyes flew towards mine in panic, before she bolted back into the room, Macy and I following behind her.

“Oh my god, Oh god, oh god, my mom is going to kill me,” she muttered to herself, pulling the pillows up, and placing them back down when she didn't find whatever she was looking for. “I can't find my phone.” She turned to give us a pleading look, her hands sliding into her hair.

“Oh sorry, I actually texted your mom last night to let her know you would be staying over,” Macy informed her, walking over to the vanity near the bed, and grabbing what looked to be a phone, before heading over Porter, and handing it to her.

I watched Porter's body sag in relief, as she placed her hand on her chest above her heart, let out a breath, and sank down onto the bed. “I think I just had a mini stroke.”

“Sorry, that was my fault,” Macy apologized, throwing Porter a guilty smile.

Glancing up at her, Porter gave her a smile. “Oh no, it's fine. It's just...she worries.”

“Trust me, we get it. Our dad is a worry-wart,” Macy told her with a laugh, and I hummed in agreement. “Are you hungry? Brady made breakfast.”

She glanced up at me with raised eyebrows, and I shrugged. “I told you I'm great. Extremely talented. Not just in the kitchen, either.” I raised my eyebrows, suggestively, a grin on my face.

“You're also full of yourself,” Macy retorted, rolling her eyes, making Porter snort.

“He really is,” she told Macy, shaking her head with a grin.

“Oh my god, I know, right?” Macy replied, and I rolled my eyes, flipped them off, and walked out the room, their laughter following me down the hallway.

A few hours later, once Porter had been fed, and she'd changed into a pair of jeans and t-shirt Macy had loaned her for the day, we made our way through the woods. Each of us on a different ATV, with Porter ridding with me, her arms wrapped tightly around me and her face buried in my back.

Patting her hands slightly, I silently let her know to loosen her grip. Her arms were wound so tightly around me that after a few minutes of riding, it was beginning to be difficult for me to breathe. I felt her loosen her arms a little, and dragged in a lungful of air, before slowly letting it out, making my way through the tall trees.

The mud splattered around us, the wheels of the ATV kicking it up into the air, droplets of dirty water and mud landing on both of us or the bike. Making my way through the woods, I kept my eyes on the trail ahead of me, looking for any puddles deep enough to ride through. Noticing one up ahead, I rolled back the throttle, and headed directly towards it. Placing a hand over Porter's hands on my stomach, I rode right through the puddle, the water splashing up around us before landing on us and the bike.

She squealed behind me and I grinned. “You okay?”

“I think I swallowed a toad that made that puddle its home,” she shouted over the noise of the engine, lifting her head off of my back where it laid, clad in a red helmet. I couldn't help but chuckle.