Chapter 7

Morgan woke up with an absent Nate beside her. She knew he had gone out for a run so she didn't worry. She sat up in bed and stretched her arms out in front of her. She got up and walked to the bathroom for a shower. After about five minutes she got out and quickly tied a towel around her and ran to the bedroom to grab clothes, she ran back and locked the bathroom door.

She dried herself and got changed into a floral dress and dried her hair, she did her make-up and walked to the kitchen. She put her towel into the washing machine and make herself a coffee. She heard the bathroom door close as Matt went in to get changed. Within fifteen minutes he came walking out and into the kitchen. Morgan gave him a cup of coffee and they sat down at the counter.

"Where's Nate?" Matt asked.
"Probably out jogging, he has been doing that for the last two weeks. He should be back by now but he sometimes goes to visit Mark on his way back so he is delayed sometimes." Matt drank his coffee and set the cup down onto the counter. Morgan took the cup and placed it into the sink along with her cup as well.

"Thank you, I was wondering, Do you want to go out to town today, we could ask Mark to meet with us as well I haven't seen him since we did 'how to beat a monkey at chess' together with Random Encounters!"
"Yea I'd like that, you go ring Mark his number is in Nate's nightstand while I wash up."
"Ok!"

Matt tucked in his chair and wandered into Nate's bedroom. He went over to Nate's side which he knew was his due to his loot crate figurines lined up on the nightstand and opened the drawer. Inside was a picture frame of Nate and Morgan, a torch, chargers and a phone book. He grabbed the phone book and flicked through the pages and found 'M'
Mum
Matt
Mark
There it was.

He dialled the number and a lady picked up.
"Hello?"
"Hello, is this Mark Fischbach's phone number, I'm Matthew Patrick. Who is this?"
"Oh, hello Matthew, yes it is, nice to meet you I'm Amy, Mark's girlfriend."
"Nice to meet you too Amy."
"So is there a certain reason you need Mark?"
"Oh, yes actually I'm staying with Nate and Morgan for a few days whilst my wife Steph is out of town and we were wondering whether you and Mark would like to meet up today?"
"Ah yes we are free today I'll just get him, bye Matthew!"
"Bye Amy!"

He heard Amy pass the phone over to someone and a deep male voice spoke.
"Matt?"
"Mark! Hi! How are you bud?"
"Oh hiya Matt! I'm good thanks! It's been ages how are you?"
"Good thank you! So you're coming?"
"Of course! We are on our way now!"
"Great! Umm I have another question, is Nate with you?"
"No, he normally does come over at this time of day though, why is he not there?"
"No, he hasn't come back yet and I'm getting worried."
"Ok, don't be worried, we will talk about it when we get here. Just make sure Morgan is okay too."
"Ok, thanks Mark bye!"
"Bu-bye!!!"

Matt shivered, his best friend, missing. Where would he has gone? He stopped in his tracks. He saw the flyer. He knew. He had to go find him, and fast! He heard a heavy thump on the door and heard Mark and Amy appear. He shuffled out of the door and went to meet Mark and Amy.

*****

Two hours had passed. Everyone had caught up, played games and Mark and Amy were about to leave, Mark looked over to Matt, he kept checking his phone and his watch cautiously. Mark decided to pull him aside.

"You look restless Matt, what is the matter with you?"
"Mark, Nate isn't home yet! What do we do?!?"
Mark sighed and out his hand on his shoulder. Matt knew he had to tell everyone the truth. He knew and he never told anyone! It was weighing him down. He couldn't take the pressure any longer.

"Matt, just stay calm! I'm sure he is ok."
"No he isn't! Okay! Morgan, Amy, Mark there is something I need to tell you..."
Everyone looked up at Matthew, they looked at him suspiciously. What was it? Morgan looked up at him with eyes like glass, she missed Nate, she was worried, she looked fit to cry. He shouldn't have kept it from her but enough was enough. Mark removed his hand from Matt's shoulder and backed away. Matt walked to the centre of the room. He was sweating and took a deep breath.

"I.. I know where Nate is."