01.

~Chapter One~

                                                                        Alisha's POV:

                               Beeeeeeeep....... I wake up, panting, looking around my plain, white room. Am I dead?! I feel my chest, hoping to feel the gentle rhythm of my heart. I sigh in relief. 

                                  "Good morning, sunshine. Rough morning?" My best friend, Journey says, standing up laughing. It's an interesting name, I believe it fits her well, since she has has quite the journey in her life. She has liver cancer, and she was diagnosed a little later than me, 11 days to be exact. Weird, huh? 

                            "What are you doing in here? Didn't the doctors tell you you can't be up and moving unless you have your nasal cannula on?" I asked, I worry about Journey sometimes, she always breaks the rules. It seems cancer doesn't effect her at all. Unlike me, I'm pretty much worthless.

                                 "Uh oh. May I borrow this?" She says, grabbing my nasal cannula, sticking the prongs in her nose. I sure hope nothing gross gets on that. I think to myself.

                                   "Anyway, I'm here to ask you if you saw BajanCandian's recent video. I know Battle Domes are your favorite, and he uploaded one today." It was true, Battle Domes have got to be my favorite series he's ever done. I just love the way he acts during them, I feel like he's a new person. Even though I've never even met the guy.

                                    "Oh! I haven't seen it! I'm gonna watch it." I say, grinning. She chuckles, and lays sits next to me on my small hospital bed. I grab my laptop, and sign into my account.

                        "Wait. Hold up. Is your password 'MitchellHughesisahottie'?" She says, literally choking from laughter. I roll my eyes at her hysterical laughter. Is my password really that embarrasing? 

                     "Stop laughing!" I playfully punch her. "Someone dared me to put that as my password." I lied. I'm really bad at lying, my nose twitches and my voice gets really high pitched. 

                   "Oh A-Alisha." She stutters, catching her breath. "It's obvious you're lying. Don't you think after 5 years of knowing you you would stop trying to lie? You are really bad at it." 

                      5 years of knowing Journey. It hasn't seemed like 5 years, more like forever. It's weird, knowing someone for 5 years can really change your point of view on life. Oh yeah. That reminds me. 5 years knowing Journey means 5 years cancer has been eating me alive. I hated the way people looked at me when I went out in public. The weird stares, the awkward remarks. "Does she have cancer?" the strangers whisper as I walk passed them. I wonder if I didn't lose my hair I wouldn't be recognized as 'the girl who has cancer'. 

                      I heard the door open, and then close softly behind, interrupting my thinking. "Hello Miss. Crawfor- oh, and Miss. Davis. What's this I see?" Our doctor, Sarah Eniquite said, examining my nasal cannula on Journey. "I see you're following the rules. For once." She muttered under her breath. Journey winked at me, making me snicker.

                   "Anyway, are you ready for your shot Alisha?" My shots. I hated them so much. 

                                                                            Alisha's flashback:

                                      "Ok Alisha, don't worry. It will feel just like a pinch. Just like this." My mother promised me, reaching to my arm, pinching it lightly. I believed her. How bad could it be? Anything to get this horrible pain I would soon be feeling away.

                                            Or so I hoped it would go away.

                                         The nurse turns around with a needle about one inch long. My eyes widened when I saw it. It felt as if the nurse was a wolf and I was a rabbit. I was running, running from the wolf as they multiplied, growling at me, showing their long, one inch teeth. I can't run for much longer, my legs are getting tired. Run Alisha, run as fast as you can. And I did. 

                                         Until they caught up. 

                                         And thats when the needle went into my small, delicate arm.

                                                                         End Of Flashback.

                                         And that's when the needle went into my small, delicate arm. After 5 years of needles piercing my skin, it really doesnt effect me aynmore. My skin just is used to it. It may be delicate, but it's tough. 

                                            "Great, thank you Alisha!" Doctor Eniquite said, picking up her equipment, catching a glimpse of the computer screen. 

                                          "Whatcha watching?" She said, being the nosy person she is. 

                                          "Oh, it's a youtuber Alisha and I love." Journey chirped in. "His name is Mitch or BajanCanadian." 

                                           Her eyes suddenly lit up. "Mitch... What's his last name?" 

                                           "Hughes.." Journey and I both say in unison. 

                                     "Mitchell Hughes?! I know him! He's a YouTuber now?" It looked as if she would drop her equipment. 

                                          Journey and I looked at each other, confused. 

                                          You have got to be kidding me right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                 Oooh Tension.. Not really.. more like shock..

                                If you enjoyed this chapter, tell me! Thank you for reading! 

                                               -Kimmi