Sirius released a sigh of relief and dropped his hands from his eyes.

"Thank Merlin, I'm out of here," he said as he scrambled over Peter's bed towards freedom.

Remus turned back to Hermione as he left, to see her studying the small pink vial in her hands.

"It's just a mild pain potion," he explained softly. "I told Madame Pomfrey I had a head ache which isn't this unusual for this time of the month."

"Thankyou," she whispered sincerely, leaning up to place a soft kiss on his lips.

She swallowed the potion in one gulp and was pleasantly surprised at it's sweet taste, remembering that the pain potions she had usually been given in her own time hadn't been that agreeable, nevertheless she could feel the pain ebbing away and she was able to sit up again a minute later.

Remus had got up and was rummaging through the trunk at the end of his bed. After a second he pulled out a non-descript black robe and threw it to her, pulling on a green jumper himself.

"It's probably the least conspicuous thing I have," he said apologetically. "Not that I wouldn't mind Gryffindor Tower seeing you parade around between our dorms in my clothes," he winked at her. "I just wouldn't wear them," he gestured to the clothes Sirius had been taunting her with, "anytime too soon."

Hermione eyed the clothes suspiciously, in complete agreement.

...

"I mean - can you believe it?" Emily asked, her eyes transfixed to the same spot Hermione's were - a couple sitting beside the lake, hands intertwined and oblivious to the world around them.

Emily and Hermione sat shoulder to shoulder on the steps to the castle, knees drawn to their chests watching the scene in silence, until Emily had spoken of course.

Hermione's grin widened and without turning to Emily she replied "Actually yes. Yes, I can."

"Lily Evans and James Potter?" Emily continued, voice full of awe. "James Potter and Lily Evans? Nope. Both ways, it still doesn't fit," she giggled.

"How about Lily and James Potter?" Hermione suggested.

Emily was quiet for a while as they continued to watch in silence.

"Perfect." Emily agreed.

Hermione was about to reply but before she could open her mouth a dark figure moved past her, robes swishing angrily in a personification of their owner's mood.

"Wait here," Hermione said rising to follow the retreating figure inside the castle.

She almost missed him, entering the hall just in time to witness him shooting around a corner that would lead him to the dungeons; she hesitated only for a second before running to catch up with him.

"Severus!" she yelled, panting as she ran down the fifth set of stars trying to beat his fast pace.

He turned around abruptly and swore loudly pulling her roughly by the arm and throwing her into an empty classroom before following her in and warding the door.

She stood, hands on the table behind her that she had used to steady herself from her rude Slytherin greeting.

"Hello to you too," she said sarcastically, rubbing her shoulder that he had grabbed painfully.

Severus showed no remorse for hurting her as he began to pace angrily in front of her.

"What were you thinking?" he yelled, finally stopping his pace and taking a step closer so that with his height he easily loomed over her.