8 || do something

Start from the beginning

"What rumors?" I asked.

"Well you guys are from New York and all of that and that you moved here in witness protection, but I want to know from you if it is true."

I bit my lip, damn. We weren't allowed to tell anyone that we were in witness protection, but now there was a rumor going around that we were.

"Listen Mara, yes we are in witness protection, but you can't tell any one" my dad said coming in the room.

"If it gets out to where we are it could lead back to New York and we would have to relocate." Zeke added.

"And besides, I think us being here makes Yael happy. He has friends here" Yavin said.

"I would never and if you guys did relocate, I wouldn't be able to come over every day" she said stuffing her face with rice and beans.

"That sounds like paradise" Yavin mumbled. I punched his side and he groaned holding it while walking away.

"So how did you guys end up in witness protection."

We basically told her everything that happened that night I witness a murder and all that and how I was receiving threats and that they were following my family. I hate talking about. But hopefully I want have to talk about it again.

"That sucks, are you going to Cassius"

"Uhm what" I looked up at her from my phone."

"You know what, are you going to tell Cassius"

"Uhm, you see" I muttered

Pops looked at me and chuckled. I know I should tell him. But we have may not last that long. He could find some one better and he didn't even ask me to be his boyfriend and I am afraid if I do tell him. He would leave me.

"You have to tell him."

"He can't. It's bad enough you found out. No one is supposed to know. Hence why we don't have social media. " Zeke said.

Mara nodded, I think she finally understood that no one else is supposed to know.

"How did this rumor start anyway?" I asked.

She shrugged, putting her empty dish in the sink. "I don't know. I heard it when I was at the store."

"Just give it a few weeks and it will go away" pops said.

"Okay, anyway can I sleep over? My parents are going at it again." Mara asked.

"Of course, I will have Yavin setup the guest room for you" pops said. "Yavin go set up the guest room for Mara"

I heard Yavin groan and stomp up the stairs. He was on lockdown once again, for sneaking out to go to some girls house. Usually he is confined to his room but since it was Saturday and the game was on pops let him slide.

"Any way , your birthday is next week, what are you going to do?" Mara asked.

I shrugged "imma do something, I just don't know what. "

"We will figure it out, but for now, let's go to your room and watch some movies"

I want to travel for my birthday, but I don't think we can until the trial is over and the trial has yet to be down and it's been six months now.

All I know is, I want this birthday to to be perfect. But even Maverick knows that is not possible nothing is ever perfect

Life sucks.

===========

This is a short chapter, only because I want the next chapter to be pretty long and all that.

This is like a little filler and stuff.

New book Alert

It will be coming in the fall by the fall I mean probably next week which is the beginning of august

I have the characters and the description up, so go check that out and get a feel of it. Add to your library. Tell me what us think. Would you read.

Also Perjury is going to be a short book. Maybe five or six more chapters before I am done with it.

I don't want to drag the book out and add to many plot twists only because when I thought of this book I thought of it as a short story.

I love all my readers 💜