Chapter three

Its always unedited 😂✌️

We pulled up to the school. Neither one of us spoke. I wanted to just run. Run and run until my feet gave out. I knew I couldn't. I have to show Cace who she is. 

"Come on Kara we can't sit here all day."

"We can. We can just pick Cace up and leave. Find a pack."

"You know that is not an option. It was hard enough to be excepted into a pack that we where born into let alone one we just walk into."

"You never know."

"Yes I do. You do too Kara. You keep on beating up yourself. Cace will be fine."

"What are we going to do when we have to shift? Just lock her up into a room?"

"You know what we do. Find a forest and wait until its over."

"I am just sick of it."

"Of shifting? I thought that was your favorite part?"

"It is. I am sick of worrying about everything. Being found out or killing someone by complete accident."

"It will never happen. You have to much self-control."

"You don't know that."

"I know that each time you have shifted you have yet to kill. Anything."

"That doesn't matter." 

"Why do you have to be so stubborn K?"

"Because thats just who I am L." Luc and I have called each other L and K since well forever. It was kind of our safe guard. It is our way to say it will be ok.

"Look we have to go in at some point. We might as well go in now."

"Or. And just hear me out. You can go in and let me be here alone." I let a cheesy grin form on my face. I knew that Luc would never go for it but a girl can try.

"Kara just get out of the car. We can't be late on our first day."

"Fine." We got out of the car and the smell hit me like a truck. By the way Luc stood up just a bit straighter than normal I knew he could smell it too.

"How?" The simple three letter word just hung in the air for awhile.

"I don't know."

"Did you smell it anywhere else?"

"No we can't be close to their land."

"Well Kara this might be your lucky day. You might get to join a pack after all." I could hear the hurt in his voice. Even a human could hear that he was going to at the least punch some kind of wall after words.

"L," I reached out and touched his arm,"You know that I would never go anywhere without you or Cace. You have nothing to worry about."

"Well, we will see." I nodded knowing that I was already too hard on him. I never really opened up to him after dad died.

"What do you say if we start communicating mentally again?" Luc stopped and turned to me with a smile.

"Really? I thought you know after dad. Why now?"

"Well looks like we have a pack here and I don't know if I want them to hear everything we have to say about them." I put on a smile.

I would like that a lot. I don't think they would like it either. Luc smiled even bigger than before. 

Good. Let's go L. As we walked into the school the smell got stronger and stronger. It was intoxicating. The smell of fresh trees and strawberry ice cream filled the air.

Man it stinks. Do you think that they are close?

What? It smells heavenly. Yeah right? 

Come on. Lets go. The smell just got stronger and stronger. I felt like I couldn't even stand up straight. K? You good?

Yes I'm fine. All of a sudden someone stepped right in front of me. I felt like the smell went away. The smell of burnt plastic and fish was all I could smell.  Where is the amazing smell?

"What are you doing here?" The sound from the nasty smelling wolf made me want to snarl. But I knew if I did I could get my head ripped off in two seconds.

"Doesn't every teenager have to go to school?"

"But why this school. You are clearly rogues."

Great first impressions Kara.

Thanks I try. "Look we are just here to go to school."

"Barry, let them be. They haven't done anything wrong. Yet." As soon as 'Barry' moved I could see where the amazing smell came from.

Yes I'm one of those authors that is going to have an annoying cliffhanger that everyone knows the answer too. Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Follow! Love y'all                           ❤️Ani