His gaze was piercing. He looked a little intimidating. “Yes” was all he replied. And for some reason I knew his answer was truthful.

I don’t even know where to start with my “life story”. So many things have happened this few years. I decided to start with my childhood. When I was actually happy.

“When I was younger, my mom was like my best friend. She would do little things to make me happy. The beach was my favorite place to go and she would randomly take me to just watch the wave’s crash into the shore, she would pack my lunch every day and write cute little notes on the bag. I could tell her anything. She was everything to me. Nobody’s life is perfect but when my mom was alive we looked at the brighter side of everything. We were truly happy. Even though my dad wasn’t around we still managed to be happy. Get me?  That all changed one day though. I never expected her to die. I was with a babysitter and she was at work. She loved animals so she got a job as a vet. She had called home saying she was coming home late at around 8. She never came home” that last part made me break into sobs. I wanted to finish telling him the story so I sucked it up.

“No one would tell me what happened. I guess they thought I wasn’t old enough to hear that kind of stuff. When the hospital called on the phone telling us to come down to the hospital I knew something was wrong. I had this weird feeling. Me and my babysitter went down to the hospital and that’s where I overheard them telling Becca that my mother had died as a result of a drunk driver crashing into her. I was devastated as any normal child would be. I refused to eat. I couldn’t sleep and the next day police came and sent me to a foster home because I had no other family living here. My mom’s parents had died before I was even born and as for my dad’s side of the family. Your guess is as good as mine. I know nothing about him or his family let alone where he could possibly be. I had one aunt I knew about but she had moved to France a few years ago and it would be unfair to have her come all the way here to come and get me. I didn’t want to feel like a burden anyways. Me and her rarely even spoke. Her and my mom weren’t even that close. So I pretended to be happy for a while. I stayed in foster care a whole year before I was adopted. Foster care wasn’t that bad. I felt as if I didn’t belong and I didn’t really interact with anybody there but it was bearable. The day I got adopted I was so happy, you have no idea. I felt wanted. Like I could finally belong to a real family again. I was wrong. For about a month things were going good. Too good. I guess the felt like they had finally broken my shell because not soon after that’s when the the ..abuse started. It would just be mental at first. They would call me ugly, fat, a slut, a worthless little black girl, the list never ended. I tried to not let it affect me but it did. Kayla then began doing things to make me mad like cutting up my clothes or trying to embarrass me in front of a group of people. As for my parents. They hit me sometimes but if I behaved badly they would lock me in a room with no food. Lucas however was the worst in my opinion. He raped me, Eli!”

I couldn’t control the sobs know. I was full out crying as I remember all these things. The story still was far from finished though.

“Angel it’s okay. You don’t have to tell me anything else. “I cooed in my ear.

“I-i-i wants too. I’m sure” I was determined to get the whole story out my system.

“Lucas.. he took my innocence. I was only 13. I remember trying to fight him off but I wasn’t strong enough. He said he only did what he did because I wanted it. I really didn’t. He would sneak in my room almost every night after that and touch me..down there. He stopped for a while when he got a girlfriend. That was when I turned 15. He was 16. Things were going good. The only times he raped me was when him and Sarah fought. One day they had a really big fight, he found out she cheated 3 times. The worse thing was that he didn’t even get mad at her. He took his anger out on me instead. He came home and I was sitting on the couch watching TV. He dragged me to my room and beat me til I was literally black and blue. I couldn’t even breathe right. As if that wasn’t enough. He stripped me and made me do the same to him. He forced me to touch him. If I didn’t he would hit me again. He had sex with me 4 times that night and the time morning came I couldn’t even walk. I layed naked on the floor the whole day. I was in so much pain. Some weeks passed and I tried my best to ignore Lucas. I began feeling sick in the morning. Certain smells would make me throw up and I hadn’t gotten my period. I knew I was pregnant. I bought a test and it confirmed that. I told Lucas and he said it wasn’t his problem. I didn’t want to get rid of my baby. I’m not that type of person. It didn’t deserve to die. I told my “Mom and dad” and they just said slick comments like

“I knew you were a slut’ & “you better get a job I’m not rising your devil child” I didn’t let those comments faze me though. All that mattered was my baby. I was about 6 months pregnant when I had started to show. Kayla told everyone in school and they started picking on me. I was used to that already so it really didn’t matter. I had sat in my room one day afterschool reading a book on pregnancy when Lucas barged in.

“Stupid bitch, did you tell Sarah that baby is mine, because she knows and it’s your entire fault”. He punched me in my face, dragged me somewhere and next thing I know I was falling down the stairs. I put my hands across my stomach trying to protect my baby but when I woke up in the hospital the doctor told me I had a miscarriage.

I was devastated. I tired looking on the bright side. Maybe god wanted my baby to come home to heaven early. I don’t know. I found out I would have been having a little girl. I didn’t even get a chance to hold her..meet her.

I started going back to school and people accused me of killing my own baby because I didn’t want it.

Things went back to normal eventually, the beating, starvation, embarrassment, the comments the beatings. Everything.

Now this is where I am. Now you know my story. I was all out of tears by now. I had a pounding headache and I was sleepy.

“I can’t believe you went through all out that Cassie. You’re so strong my love. Things will get better I promise” and with that I feel asleep.

I think this is the longest chapter I’ve written. You guys deserve it though. Next chapter will be in Eli’s POV.

There’s a picture of Elijah aka my future baby daddy Colton Haynes on the side btw.

I updated the cast. I picked people that fit my characters better.

Don’t forget to vote.