Chapter Six: Pink

Start from the beginning

'Maybe these shinobi can teach me'

'Are you even listening to me?'

I walked over to them but before I got there one of them suddenly turned around and threw a kunai at me. I just froze as the projectile flew towards me with an incredible speed. My inner-self kept yelling at me to move and the shinobi were racing towards me. Eventually, I had enough sense to duck down, a second later it went sailing over me. But I still didn't stand up, too afraid of nearly being killed.

"Hey, Kid! Are you okay?!" One of the shinobi asked.

The one who had thrown at the kunai just looked horrified at what he had just done, his hands slightly shaking. I nodded dumbly, not trusting my mouth to speak without it cracking.

"Hey what's your name?"

I was shaking, my mind thinking back to the severe beatings I received. The time when they nearly killed me, there was so much blood and their laughter and the knife and-

"WHAT THE HELL KOTETSU?! YOU TRAUMATIZED THE KID!"

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO IZUMO! I THOUGHT SHE WAS AN ENEMY!" Kotetsu yelled back.

"YOU THOUGHT A KID WAS AN ENEMY?! YOU IDIOT!" Izumo yelled, hitting Kotsesu on the head.

'J-Just l-like that time-e...' I thought to myself.

'Outer snap out of it! You aren't there, you are safe...relatively but safe none the less! They won't hurt you, they are aren't them. So just relax'

I took a deep breath.

'There we go, that's it. Just take deep breaths, everything is fine'

A few minutes later, I finally manage to get it together. Now calm, I looked up at the bickering shinobi. They seemed to have forgotten all about me, lost in their...intellectual argument.

"YOU ARE AN IGNORAMUS!"

"WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!"

"IT MEANS STUPID, STUPID!"

"WHY I OUGHTA-"

"Umm excuse me shinobi-san, eto but umm why are you arguing?" I asked shyly.

The instantly feel quiet and turned to me, I looked at the ground as I did toe circles with my feet.

"Are you alright? You gave us quite the scare" Izumo said, kneeling down to her level.

I simply nodded, I was still slightly shaken but most of all I was kind of shy around new people.

He gave me a smile, a nice warm one that I see people flashing at others. But never at me, not even from my parents. It made me feel all fuzzy on the inside. I wish people would smile at me more, maybe one day Mom and Dad will smile at me like that too.

Kotesu, the one who threw the kunai at me, then spoke "Sorry about that kid" He said.

I smiled lightly, "It's fine, don't worry about it"

"Say, kid, what's your name?"

"I'm Sakura, Sakura Haruno" I replied.

Izumo smiled, "That fits you just fine, Sakura"

"T-Thank you," I'm not used to being complimented like that, now that think about it when was the last I was?

"Quit being a pedophile Izumo"

"At least I never nearly killed a kid before"

"Oh shut up! It was an accident, the kid knows that too, right pink?"