"Y/N," Jill says, and I look up at her. "How are you feeling?"

"Like we're scoreless in an Olympic gold medal match against Canada and I'm getting my ass beat personally." I say and there's a pause. "I'm fine, what do you need me to do?"

"I want you to take Alex's place up front, JJ will take your place. Keep that 4-5-1." She says and Carli speaks up.

"We actually wanted to suggest shifting to a 4-4-2 for the rest of the game, give our forwards some support up top, and the midfield some extra breathing room." Carli says and Jill nods.

"Who do you want?" She asks and Tobin speaks.

"Y/N and Alex up top. Me, Sam, Pinoe and Morgan in the middle, and Kelley, Ali, Becky and JJ in back, keep Ash if she's good to go still." Tobin says and I look to Ash to see her nodding.

"Hell yeah I'm good." She says and I hold up my fist for her to bump with her own, which she does. "Let's show Canada what their noisy neighbors are capable of."

-

Back on the field, Canada has the ball and they're in the middle of a decent run, but I slide tackle Scott and get right back on my feet, keeping possession and passing to Pinoe who was right there, so I can get up into a better position before taking the ball back and hitting it from just outside the box, the shot was almost saved, but the keep was too slow to decide whether or not her back line would come in clutch, spoiler, they didn't come in clutch, and I put us up one point, fucking finally. The entire team jumps on me, ecstatic, before getting off of me so we can get ready for Canada's kick off. Alex gets the ball relatively quick, and we keep possession for about fifteen minutes, until I get the ball for about the fifth time trying to get the ball further up the field, and Scott tackles me a little rougher than necessary, my knee pops and my ankle gives, so of course, I hit the ground because she used her body to throw me off balance as well. She gives the ball to one of the forwards, and Kelley dispossesses her before putting the ball out, Tobin, Alex, Ash, and Ali all come over to me right away, the others kinda slowly make their way over as the ref calls Paul onto the field, the girls get water and Ash is the one that hands me a bottle for me to drink from, Tobin looked like she was too busy worrying about me, so I grab her knee to make her look at me.

"Hey," I say when she doesn't look away from my leg. "Look at me." I say and she looks me in the eye, so I grab her hand. "It's just a rolled ankle and a dislocated knee. I'll be fine." I say and she sighs. "I'm alive, I'm going to be just fine. Just win for me, alright?" I say and she nods, her jaw setting. "And Tobin?" I say as she glances over to where Canada is hydrating as well. "No revenge." I say and she nods, sighing.

"Let's get her off the field." Paul says and Tobin and Ashlyn carry me off the field while Paul waits for the bottles to be returned to their rack so he can come off the field as well, they set me down by Paul's bag before Ash grabs a full bottle and heads to goal, Paul comes over and sighs. "You and that ankle." He says and I shrug, watching him take my cleat and sock off of me before cutting the tape off of my foot.

-
Jaelin
-

Mal is sent in for Y/N after they've gotten her off of the field and I decide to go check on her, and as I walk up, Paul asks me to make some ice bags for her, one for her ankle and one for her knee. So I do as Y/N jokes about her injuries, something that I've come to know that is completely normal for her, she copes with injury with crass remarks about it.