CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"It's a horrible situation, but I promise you I'm going to get rid of the problem."

I slide my finger along my bottom lip. "Isn't it out of your hands? Nobody can stop the crazy."

Finn laughs, and it's like music to my ears. God, I'm so fickle with my emotions. "No, but I'd die trying. You are safe with me."

All the blood leaves my body and collects in my cheeks. It's then that I realise we are having this conversation in front of the Über driver.

Our bad.

I don't give him an answer, just keeping my eyes on the road as the beach passes by us. It's hard to admit considering it's the last thing I wanted to happen, but I think I'm falling for Finn. It's stupid and unprofessional, but I can't help it.

Finn tells the driver to pull up to a sushi bar and turns to me while the car slows down. "I ordered from my phone, I'll be two minutes," he turns back to the driver. "Lock the doors when I get out."

"Okay, sir," the guy replies, sounding more than intimated.

Finn carries a powerful aura, so it doesn't surprise me when the guy's Adam's apple bobs up and down. The passenger door opens, and he lowers his head to climb out of the car, striding into the tiny sushi bar with his muscled legs in knee length jean shorts that are supposed to be loose but cling to his skin like a vice. And, don't even get me started on his bottom.

Life is so unfair at times.

It's a few hours later, and we are back in the penthouse. I'm in the bedroom, replying to emails while Laine lays on the bed feeding George with one hand and holding her phone in the other. Finn is working somewhere in the building, but I don't know where. It still feels tense between us, so I've decided to let him get on with it.

"I swear, watching the food video's on Instagram nearly make me orgasm."

I snap my head up. "Laine, what the heck?"

She laughs. "The way this person is cutting into a chocolate cake is kind of turning me on. The knife just glides right in there."

"You are such a weirdo," I press send on my phone to forward the email to my stylist.

I'm choosing my outfit for Teen Choice Awards - no biggie.

"Do you fancy pudding? We could get some from room service?" she picks an organic puff crisp from the bag and gives it to George who stuffs it into his mouth.

I nod. "I'm always game for sugar."

Laine plonks George on my knee, plus the puffs and heads towards the door. "I'll go grab us the menu. We should get a few to share."

I shrug and say the words without thinking. "Fine by me, Laine the pain."

My sister blinks seven times - I counted. And then she grins. "Be back in a sec!"

I'm lost in the moment until George reaches into the bag of puffs, grabs a handful and smashes them into my mouth.

Finn

It looks like the twenty-three-year-old is retiring after a four-year stint of success. That's right; you heard it here first. The undefeated Finn Moretti is hanging his belt up for good, folks.

It's speculated he has broken vertebrae, but it's not known to be one hundred percent accurate at this time.

Best fight yet.

Loss of oxygen leaves us wondering if the fighter will make it.

King Finn does it again!