12: drunken mess.

Start from the beginning

"Get in."

My tone was clipped, I didn't want to be mean to him but he's ignored me all week and suddenly shows up out of the blue and completely drunk. He stumbled over his feet and he moved past me, careful not to touch me or brush his skin with mine.

"You just woke up his kids," I said harshly, shutting the door behind me. Anger bubbling within me as I looked at him, my harsh gaze made him look everywhere else but at me.

"So?" He shrugged causally, finally looking at me. "They'd have woken up at some point," he stated with a pointed glance.

"Those kids go to your school, if he recognised you he would have spoken to your boss and you'd lose your job for being so reckless in front of students."

"I'm gonna lose my job anyway," he mumbled, his voice was so low I almost missed it, but I didn't. I heard him loud and clear, his lack of optimism was almost irritable.

"Why are you even here?" I snapped folding my arms over my chest. He slumped down on the couch covering his eyes with the palms of his hands before a rumbled groan escaped his throat.

"To see you, what's it look like?"

"It looks like your drunk off your ass and you don't know where you are," referring to his confused face just moments ago as he looked at me and then down the hall. "Why do you want to see me?"

"I missed you," he pouted. I scoffed, shaking my head, which made Harry's bright, yet slightly red, eyes flash to me. "What?"

"You don't get the right to miss me, you stopped to talking to me not the other way around. You only spoke to me because I'd message or call you first," I stated. "I text you to come over tonight and you ignored it, why show up now."

"I didn't ignore it, I saw it but I was drinking."

"Was this before or after you got absolutely hammered?"

"Before," he blushed, his thumbs twiddling together in his lap as he realised he should've came over to see me before. "I just didn't want to see you then."

"And you want to see me now? Two hours later?" I frowned. This makes no sense, he didn't want to see me two hours ago but now he suddenly does that's why he is here, what could happen in two hours to make someone stumble up to someone's apartment — a certain someone they claimed they didn't want to see.

"I got drunk, I was thinking about you and now, here I am," he held his arms out as if putting himself up on full display for me to stare at. He was in tight black ripped jeans, of course, a tight white t-shirt that hugged his upper half that was slightly transparent as I could just make out a butterfly tattoo. I still hadn't seen him topless, I only knew he had some inked up arms that was all. "Also it's very selfish of you to say I don't have the right to miss you. I told you this week I was focusing on my work, I couldn't have distractions."

"Selfish?" I raised my voice. "Do you know how many times people told me they wanted to focus on their jobs or their work so they could get good grades?! Do you know how many times people told me they were too busy for me? To see me? To even speak to me?" I yelled, tears blurring my vision as I remembered every family member, so called friends or not so official boyfriends blowing me off to 'work' or 'study'.

I didn't doubt Harry, nor did I want him to focus on me rather than his work, but that pinching pain in my heart, that never failed to remind me of the previous times people left me without reason or without warning, kept popping up. I was constantly reminded that Harry would easily sway away from me and block my number, never speak or breathe near me, never kiss me or hold me... I've known him now three weeks and I'm completely infatuated with being around him, just in his presence. I looked at Harry with big doe eyes and saw a flash of hurt flicker across his green eyes like a lightning bolt. And I was the thunder, rumbling with anger and frightening him as he had all these new emotions flashing away inside of him.