"Jasmine documents everything," she pointed out. "I'll bet good money that she has a video of them doing it."

That actually did sound like something she'd do. There was no time to discuss it any further though. The doorbell rang and I froze in a panic. You'd think all of those one-on-one study dates and movie nights would have prepared me for this, but it didn't. The dynamic had changed and I was never any good with change. Even if I opened to it.

It was too late to turn back now, though.

"Don't just stand there idiot, go open the door," she demanded.

Snapping out of my shock, I said goodbye to her, powered down my computer and grabbed my purse. Taking two steps at a time I made it to the door just as he rang the bell a second time.

Taking in a deep breath and releasing it, I opened the door.

I couldn't hold back my smile when I saw him. He was dressed in a dark blue button down, blue jeans and of course his red hoodie. He looked good, which sent the butterflies in my stomach into a frenzy.

"Wow," he muttered as his eyes washed over me. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," I said trying to ignore the blushing heat that filled my cheeks. "So do you. Handsome, I mean." I fumbled, mentally kicking myself. "I'm actually really nervous about this."

"Glad I'm not the only one," he laughed. "Oh, this is for you."

He pulls a paint brush from behind his back.

Taking the brush, I examine it. "It's been a while since I've been on date, but doesn't the guy usually give the girl flowers?"

"Didn't you say you were going to trust me with this date?" He held out his hand for me to take.

"Yes, I did," I agreed, taking his hand.

Even though the suspense was killing me. The mysterious paint brush only confused me and made me even more anxious to find out what he had planned.

He lead me to the car, opening the door and closing it once I got in. When he climbed in on the drivers side, I looked over at him.

"You can drive?"

"Of course I can drive," he replied, starting the car. "I take the bike because it's faster."

"Oh..." I mumbled, realizing that I was alone on the no driving front.

"Wait, you can't drive?" He asked, an amused look on his face as he began to drive to the unknown date location. "I thought you took the bus because your mom always had the car."

"I can drive," I defended. "The driving instructors just have something against me."

"Instructors?" He repeated, focusing on the "s". "So, they all made a group decision to keep you from obtaining a license?"

"Yes."

"That's the story you're sticking with?" He chuckled.

"Yep."

+ + +

The sun had just begun to set when Calvin pulled up to a mysterious looking gate. The chain linked fence was lined with what looked like green fabric, maybe to keep prying eyes from seeing what's inside. That paired with the fact that we were in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by empty fields and power lines, made the area seem eerie.

A security guard approached the car, his bald head glistening in what was left of the sun light. He asked for our names and Calvin gave them to the man. After checking his list the guy grunted something into his two-way radio and like magic the gates opened up.