Off To A Journey Again

Start from the beginning

I don't know whether I should be angry at Kira and Cornelius or worried.

As soon as I heard those two had run off to rescue Nova I went into a fit of flying rage or what Kira calls it me going ape shit.

"Caesar, they couldn't have gone far" Maurice signed. I gave a gruff growl before I mounted on my horse with Rocket on his own.

"I'll leave the tribe to you Maurice" I signed. The orangutan nodded "Bring my daughter back once you find those humans" I nodded as we rode off to go after Kira and my son.

***

Kira's POV

Cornelius and I followed the fresh footprints all the while keeping our senses on high alert.

"Lake's words bothered me" Cornelius signed and I gave him a puzzled look "what do you mean?"

"Why would the wild humans say that their boss is going to like their find?"

My mind went back to Nova explaining a little detail about her past.

Were they somehow connected?

I pondered for a bit when we heard foot steps and we immediately rode towards the thickets.

We waited in tense silence when I spotted something familiar and I sighed and stepped out.

"How the heck did you find us?"

Caesar glared at me with his face stern. Hmm... Reminds me of a the face I keep on seeing the first time I met him.

"You left..." Was all he signed before he spoke "I told you to stay back at the tribe"

"And I warned you I'm stubborn as Mount Everest itself" he gave me a confused look at the word Everest. Go figure, he really needs to learn about the names of the planes and mountains we see.

"There is no point in turning back Caesar" Rocket signed. Caesar sighed and looked at my stubborn face and Cornelius's determined gaze.

"Fine, we'll rescue Nova but YOU stay out of trouble" he turned his gaze to me and I mock saluted "no promises"

I gave him a small kiss on the jaw and he leaned on me for a few seconds before pulling back.

I grinned as Caesar took the lead with Cornelius, Rocket and I behind him.

Looks like another adventure is coming to me.

***

We settled camp when dusk began to fall. A roaring fire kept us warm, well kept me warm (curse their furry bodies!) I watched the flames dance across the wood like flowing flames.

Caesar stated at me but I ignored it. Cornelius was laying down on the soft green grass and Rocket decided to scout further before heading back to camp.

I turned to Caesar "Caesar, are you nervous?" He gave me a confused look. I shrugged "I mean, do you have doubts like something bad will happen?" Caesar said nothing but pulled me towards him.

Cornelius stood up and signed "I'm going to go after Rocket since you two are...you know.." He left without us noticing.

"I do..a lot and that is why I push myself to protect my herd, my tribe and my family"

I touched my for head to his and things suddenly became hot.

And by hot I mean pleasurable hot.

I snapped out of my haze when Caesar was suddenly hovering over me with an intense desire swirling in his emerald eyes.

"Do you wish to continue? I won't hold back once you say yes"

I was falling.

Falling so fast.

My nervousness was suddenly forgotten and a soft "yes..." Came out of my throat that it was almost unable to be heard.

That night under the starlit sky.

The world disappeared around us.

We became one.