Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger

Start from the beginning

     "Right," he sweatdropped. I propped myself beside the raven head and sighed. There was a lot to do soon.

     "I have something I need to tell you."

     "I have something I need to ask you."  

     I blinked at him before chuckling, "You first. Ask away." He nodded and narrowed his eyes. "Did you know who Orochimaru was before the chunin exams?" he asked in seriousness. My eyes widened at his question, "No.."

     "Then how did you know about the curse mark?"

     "My, uh, friend told me about it once. She got a curse mark just like yours, just a bit different."

     "I see.. and what did you want to tell me?"

     I looked up and sighed, "I think I'm gonna take a bit of a leave from this village."

     His eyes widened a fraction, "What?"

     "I'm going to find a way to help the celestial beasts. And for that, I have to leave. Not only that, but I can gain fighting experience along the way and also train a lot. There are a bunch of pros and the only thing that could go wrong is if I fail in a fight. And I'll miss you guys too," I explained.

     Sasuke stays quiet for a second before meeting my eyes sending an emotion that, I just might've mistaken for affection. I mean, Sasuke would never actually have that look for me, if at all. "I guess it's for the best," he sighed. My mouth twitched up, "Yeah."

     I moved closer to him and then unconsciously dropped my head on his shoulder. I smiled softly as my eyes fluttered close. This comfortable silence was very much what I was looking for. I felt Sasuke shift as an arm wrapped around me from behind. A soft pressure was on my head and I realized the Uchiha kissed the top of my head for a moment.

     My face turned red as he did his usual chuckle of amusement. I laughed along until I felt my stomach demanding food. "Wanna go get some ramen?" I asked with a grin. Sasuke smirked slightly and playfully, "Are you asking me out on a date?" My face heated up and I immediately denied it, getting up with my face down and making my way to the ramen store whether or not Sasuke was following.

     I looked at the happy people of Konoha and a thought struck me. I have to return to Kurisutaru someday. I can't just stay here forever. I have a duty to do. I don't even know the condition of my kingdom. Who's ruling it now? Are my people happy? Are they even alive?

     I felt someone gently grab my face and wipe my tears I didn't realize were there. "Don't cry.. It makes me sad to see tears on your face," said the one person I would never expect to say that. "Sasuke..I-I don't know what to do. I should be going there...I should be setting things right and taking my parents' place but I...I can't. I'm so weak and literally mentally dead when it comes to Kurisutaru and I can't trust myself to make the right decisions but I still need to help them, I know...I just.." I cried with tears running down my face. "Shh..It's okay..you don't need to rush things," he said and brought me into a comforting embrace.

     "Don't push yourself, Aki. You aren't even an adult yet and no one should force you to become one. You can take your time to learn and be strong before you go there. And when you do, I know you'll make an amazing queen."

     I was speechless. Who knew Sasuke was capable of comforting someone with such sweet words. "T-Thank you. Thank you, Sasu," I finally got my voice to listen to me as I tried to pull away from him. Keyword: tried. The guy wouldn't let me go! "Uh..Sasuke. I think I'm good now," I sweatdropped. He tilted his head so his breath could hit my ear and smirked. "Are you sure? Maybe you should cry some more...on my bed maybe?"