Oneshot - Don't Tempt Me

"Little Miss~ Here's water like ye requested~" Said the huge ex-pirate, handing the glass of water.

It's the night of the feast after the victory against Yan Kum-Ji, the corrupt overlord of Awa. Everyone was drinking and eating and jesting around happily, except for a certain self-proclaimed pretty boy who was walking, correction, running was more like it, around and treating the injured. On this night, however, Yona had asked for a glass of water instead of alcoholic drinks.

"Oh thanks Mister!" Yona said without double-checking the content. She also immediately drank it. Probably, she was very thirsty. Soon after that, she felt her head spinning yet she yearned for more.

"Wai', that's alcohol?! Pretty sure I asked fer water!"

"Thought ye meant boozes by that!"

Even now, she couldn't hear the background voices clearly.

"Miss, ye all righ'?!" The one who brought him 'water' earlier asked her with concern.

"May I.. have some more..?"

------

*Hak's POV*

I was just drinking around that night. It didn't cross my mind that anything would happen. That is, until a certain time. More specifically, the time when Princess just landed on my back.

"Haaaaak~" She said while snuggling to me.

What the heck?! She reeks of alcohol!

"Who the hell gave her sake?" I asked rather angrily.

"W-Well, she asked fer more so-"

"Isn't it like obvious that she can't drink?!" I raised my voice.

"Hak... Don't scream like thaaaat, my ears are ringing!" She pouted after had nagging for awhile.

C-cute... Wait no, it's not time for that!

"You're drunk Princess. Hang on tight please."

Sighing, I lifted her in my arms. Of course, I held her in a style suiting her status. Meanwhile, she bear-hugged me, which was embarrassing but I can bear with. She then, for some minutes, stared me intently. Since it was... distracting, I asked her,

"What is it, Princess?"

"Hmm~ I was just thinkin..." She replied almost deliriously.

"About what?"

"Like, I've never given it too much thoughts before but how you held me, this is bridal-style, right? So you're my bride, Hak?"

I almost choked on air.

I wanted to reply sensibly but remembering her being drunk, though maybe I was a bit myself, I decided to give a rather playful one.

"That's no good Princess, you're the girl so you're the bride. If I so much have to, I'd be the groom."

"Heeee~ But Hak, you won't like it to be mine right?" She asked rather sadly, with her eyes downcast.

"I wonder. I've never said that before."

Didn't this like happen on that New Year Eve? Where she also drank sake and be my bride for a day? Though she might've forgotten about it.